Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Queensland Water Temps – 70.3 Worlds
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to think about packing for the Ironman 70.3 Worlds in Australia. Does anyone know what the surface water temps might be like for the race on Sept. 4? I'm hoping I don't have to bring my wetsuit...but if it's going to be wetsuit legal, I will.

Thanks!
Jennifer
Quote Reply
Re: Queensland Water Temps – 70.3 Worlds [jenth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It almost definitely will be a wetsuit swim. It has previously been a wetsuit swim on each of the three occasions the race has been run and this year the race is about 10 days earlier, making it colder and closer to winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jenth wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to think about packing for the Ironman 70.3 Worlds in Australia. Does anyone know what the surface water temps might be like for the race on Sept. 4? I'm hoping I don't have to bring my wetsuit...but if it's going to be wetsuit legal, I will.

Thanks!
Jennifer

Was just over there, water temp 20/21C. Will definitely be wetsuit swim. Daily water temps are on the net, it's 20.5 today.
Quote Reply
Re: Queensland Water Temps – 70.3 Worlds [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the wetsuit is coming with me to Australia. Thanks everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live on the Sunshine Coast and can guarantee it won't warm up enough in two weeks to be wetsuit legal. Water temp today is 21C. If conditions in two weeks are anything like this morning, it will be absolutely perfect weather for racing though.
Quote Reply