Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq LED
Quote | Reply
Anyone have their LED stay on continuously? I was caught in a downpour commuting home yesterday and in the evening when I got around to wiping down bike and lubing chain, I noticed afterwards that the LED was on and not shutting off. Had to remove battery 3x to get it to stop. I have emailed quarq but thought I would check here to see what wisdom I can garner.

it is a Red model
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq LED [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have a Red Quarq, I haven't had that issue.
Last edited by: rijndael: Aug 1, 13 7:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was your result. I'm having the same issue with my Riken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Red too, I haven't experienced this issue but I've read about it before. There have been some firmware updates to address sleep/standby issues, and battery life, perhaps this is related?

Rather than just removing the battery, try removing it and shorting out one of the battery contact arms with the side of the case.
Last edited by: rijndael: Jul 22, 14 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had it happen. As someone suggested, you can 'short out' the PM and it does a hard reset.

- Touch the battery to the edge of the battery case and the finger like metal prongs inside the case, or
- Put two pennies in the battery case and close it.

That might work. We also have the Wahoo key for the iPhone to use Qualvin for firmware updates. They may have an Android version out now as well.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I can tell this means that you are having a low-voltage startup. If you call Quarq (very easy to do) they will likely suggest putting two pennies in the battery place and closing the cap then trying a fresh battery. It worked for me just last week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened to me and I simply replaced the battery and problem solved. Didn't do anything to short out the connections or anything like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq LED [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quarq also now has a PC version of Qalvin that works with standard USB ANT sticks. Mac version is in the works.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq LED [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It happened to me too. I replaced the battery and thought everything was fine. A couple weeks of use and I go to ride dead battery again. I would check after each ride to make sure the light doesn't stay on. I'm on my third battery in 8 months. My other quarq I'm on my first battery still after 1.5 years.
think it might be time to try the penny trick.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq LED [Fork-Um] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or you can update the firmware to the latest which should help with that issue.
Quote Reply