Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarg power meter
Quote | Reply
I have a shiv with 175 FSA light crankset. Will the specialized quarg unit work with it or do I need to buy specialized crank set.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarg power meter [justablur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If no one is sure. Any suggestions for a power meter. I don't want to change my entire crankset. It seems like the only option is the garmin one. Any help would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarg power meter [justablur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Quarq powermeter is a replacement crankset except they now ship without chainrings. So the only thing you'd potentially transfer over from your FSA is the chainrings. I think the Shiv uses a BB30 bottom bracket so that is the Quarq model you would order. You also have to pick a 110 or 130 bcd chainring mount diameter unless you pick up the Elsa RS which uses Shimano 4 bolt chainrings and allows running compact or standard tooth count chainrings.

I'd suggest reading up on powermeter options. There are a number of them available these days. Crankset, one crankarm, pedals, rear wheel hubs and soon, chainring based. Check out http://www.dcrainmaker.com for a good summary of powermeter options.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarg power meter [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the input. I Will look into it
Quote Reply
Re: Quarg power meter [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering why they're selling without the chainrings?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarg power meter [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me_XMan wrote:
Just wondering why they're selling without the chainrings?

So they can compete price-wise with other companies that are also selling sans-chainrings.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Quarg power meter [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An easy option (and relatively inexpensive, power-meter wise) is just to buy the left Stages FSA crank arm:

http://store.stagescycling.com/stages-power-meter---fsa-energy-p27.aspx

Quote Reply