Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by flexicitus
Last edited by: flexicitus: Mar 3, 07 19:48
Re: QUICK advice NEEDED: help me decide: a Zipp Disc and/or a Zipp 404 set [flexicitus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump ..
Quote Reply
Re: QUICK advice NEEDED: help me decide: a Zipp Disc and/or a Zipp 404 set [flexicitus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
general consensus on that would probably be get the 404's + a disc cover and save the Disc $$.......

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too many unanswered questions. What kind of races are you doing? Do your kids have shoes? Etc.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: QUICK advice NEEDED: help me decide: a Zipp Disc and/or a Zipp 404 set [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Answers:

Races: olympic and IM distance

I have shoes and no kids!

=)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also like the idea of a disc cover with the Zipp set!
Where can I find disc/wheel cover??

A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you considered a Renn disc for a fraction of the cost? buy the 404s if they are such a good deal.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Post deleted by flexicitus [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: flexicitus: Mar 3, 07 21:03
Quote | Reply
my buddy rides 650c and got a cover. i'll ask him and get back to you where he got it from.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.wheelbuilder.com but I am told you have to call them as it's not shown on their wedsite. hope this helps.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: QUICK advice NEEDED: help me decide: a Zipp Disc and/or a Zipp 404 set [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the disc covers are at the bottom of his main page. I just bought one today.
Quote Reply
Re: QUICK advice NEEDED: help me decide: a Zipp Disc and/or a Zipp 404 set [Enginefour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info!!

I just did some calculation on weight:

Zipp 404:

F: 539g
R: 679g

Ch aero wheel cover: 540g

so R+C = 1319g!!!

Isn't that a bit heavier than the HED heavy standard disc?

Does the aero-gain really outweight the weight?

A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does the aero-gain really outweight the weight?
YES! In literally all cases except an uphill TT with an average grade of more than ~6%. A disc is a faster choice than any other wheel in any triathlon on earth. Yes, I am aware that they are Not Legal In Kona
Quote Reply