Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR Seatpost Clamp Loose
Quote | Reply
For a QR seatpost clamp that is appropriately tight, any ideas what would be causing a rotational looseness? If I push down at the nose or tail of the saddle, I can get a visible/audible rock back and forth of the bracket to the seatpost itself. Should I have some assembly paste between the clamp and the seatpost?

Seatpost Clamp Hardware - Quintana Roo Tri

Quote Reply
Re: QR Seatpost Clamp Loose [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the big bolt marked 12 N*m is tightened to that, but then take the 4 bolts underneath it to 5 N*m. That should snug it up for you. If not throw some carbon paste in between the seatpost and the clamp. I've been riding only on QR seatposts since 2010 and know this feature can be annoying, but if you go through the steps, it should stay set.
Quote Reply
Re: QR Seatpost Clamp Loose [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. You need to tighten the four bolts on the bottom of the seat clamp to keep the seat from rocking up and down.
Quote Reply
Re: QR Seatpost Clamp Loose [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Removed everything, made sure it was clean, no obstructions, applied Tacx assembly paste, reassembled, tightened alternating both sides then torqued the main bolt to 12nm and the underside bolts to 8nm and zero change in the play.

As soon as I figure out an easy way to embed a video, i'll post that as well.

https://youtube.com/...?si=FU-C6eZP8rNEd7HS
Last edited by: LOW2000: Jan 3, 24 18:55
Quote Reply