Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Public Tracks in Milwaukee
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to locate public tracks near downtown Milwaukee or close to New Berlin. I'm familiar with the track at Hart Park, but I think it's closed during games. Are there any other tracks available for public use? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Public Tracks in Milwaukee [smithson1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you checked the NB high school? I live in Oak Creek and the track has hours that its open to the public. I've also run on the track at Brookfield Central.

When I was in high school I used to run at my track. I guess I just always thought hs tracks were open to the public.

And then there is always the Pettit Center.
Last edited by: healthynine: Jul 6, 14 18:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beauty of Tracks in SE Wisconsin is (or was when I lived there) that as long as there isn't practice or a game going on you have free roam of the track. And even if there is practice or gym class the teacher/coaches will often ask you if you would like lane one. (Experienced this many times at both Arrowhead's track and Shorewood's track).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wauwatosa West HS near Hwy100 and Center St, there is a track in West Allis 92nd St and Cleveland it is paved with blacktop.
As mentioned the Pettit Center (get info on the track length). Don't know if you can in at Marquette.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"You do what you have to do , so can do what you want to do."
Quote Reply
Re: Public Tracks in Milwaukee [duron43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
West Allis 92nd St and Cleveland it is paved with blacktop.

yeah that's right near my house. Always open.

The pettit is like 443 meters or something.
Quote Reply