Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Propel/TCR Tire Clearance
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any ideas. Will 25c fit? What about 28c ?

Modifying the thread a bit as really it comes down to which I should buy if I want to fit 28s and ride on dirt roads. Don't say the Defy because that is out...
Last edited by: atc134: Jan 28, 16 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: Propel Tire Clearance [atc134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teammate of mine is running 28s on a narrow rimmed wheel. Tight fit, but it clears.
May only be able to go 25s if you are using a wider rimmed wheel.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Propel Tire Clearance [atc134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to say with the right brakes 25 sure... 28 maybe and tire dependent... especially something tall like a Conti GP4000S.

I have a Propel Advanced with what I'm told is a 2nd gen set of brakes on it and my 23 GP4000s tire hits on the rear brake cable... supposedly a Gen 3 brake will fix that for me. Wheel clearance is tight on these bikes/brakes for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Propel/TCR Tire Clearance [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for modified thread title
Quote Reply
Re: Propel/TCR Tire Clearance [atc134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 25mm Conti GP4000S IIs on my 2016 TCR and they fit without any problem. I would think it could handle a 28.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run 25c IRC's on wide rims on my 2015 TCR Advanced Pro. That tire measures 27mm at normal pressures, and eyeballing it it looks like there's clearance to run something 2-3mm fatter. The biggest issue will be on the back of the seat tube, any debris stuck in the tire will hit (and scratch) the seat tube with bigger tires.

For comparison, my 2013 Foil had room for slightly bigger tires.

I recently did fits for a couple friends who have the 2016 TCR Advanced Pro, looks like clearance is slightly better than the 2015 but I didn't try any fatter tires. Conversely, I fit a teammate on a Propel a few (3?) years ago and remember thinking I would not want to ride that bike on dirt with the tight clearances (we ride a lot on dirt on our road rides here).
Last edited by: vjohn: Jan 28, 16 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: Propel/TCR Tire Clearance [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What width rims are you running with your IRCs? I am looking at potentially getting some to roll on my Propel. I can fit the 25mm GP4Season on 23mm rims, but certainly not much more than that.
Quote Reply
Re: Propel/TCR Tire Clearance [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pacenti SL23.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 TCR Advanced Pro frameset. There is plenty of room for a 28mm tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25s FIT without issue on my SL mounted on narrow rims, 28s-?????
Quote Reply
Re: Propel Tire Clearance [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reviving this to ask if you are having any issues with mechanical front shifting on your Propel. Mine was never great out of the box and no amount of fiddling with the 6800 FD setup seems to make it right - always a huge effort to move the lever. Seems like the cable doesn't exit the frame at the right angle to give good leverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2014 TCR and Propel. Tire clearance very similar on both. 25c GP4000 is as big as I would go. Tried a 25c ProRace which is bigger than the Conti and it cleared but was quite tight and prone to small stones jamming between the tire and rear calliper. This was with 23mm Hed Belgium rims.
Quote Reply