Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design - Carbon-X Modifications - Craig Walton
Quote | Reply
I was looking throug an old Triathlete Magazine (I think May 2005) and saw a picture of Craig Walton's bike as he was coming into T2. I noticed that like most professionals, he modified his Carbon-X to have the pads mounted directly to the base bar. However, I also noticed that it looks like he has some sort of base for his arm pads that fit perfectly onto the top of his base bar to securely fasten the pads.

Anyone ever see his bike in person... Any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design - Carbon-X Modifications - Craig Walton [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing because the bolt that connects my arm rests to the base bar came undone. Tony Deboom had his come apart during IM USA 2000 while leading the race. Perhaps Craig doesn't want to ruin a sponsorship deal and doesn't want to go through the misery of a bolt failure. IMO Profile as a company always seems like it makes mistakes when it's designs involve bolts. Sorry to be so harsh Profile but, too many of your products have failed when I needed them.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design - Carbon-X Modifications - Craig Walton [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run mine the same way too - pads directly on the base bar: easy mod to do

Re: Profile Design - Carbon-X Modifications - Craig Walton [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but in the picture it seems as though he has some sort of "white" base material that actually sits in thr rounded out section of the base bar... It then flattens out and offers a little bit of extention out left and right.

Looks like a very professional job (that I would expect) then just the rest sitting directly ontop of the base.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig Alexander showed me how his pads are mounted on his Carbon-X's. He had brackets that fit into the recesses on the top of the bar that the pads then mounted on to. According to him, they are available from Profile...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The most interesting modification of profile bars I have ever seen was on a bike where the elbow pads were attached via zip ties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Waldo's case, Jim Felt made that one for him. That's what he told me.

Ciao,

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design - Carbon-X Modifications - Craig Walton [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - Jim should market them.

I think I'll drop him a line.
Quote Reply