Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Procrastination sucks...need ideas for Lake Placid Lodging
Quote | Reply
Anyone got any ideas for hotels that might still have some rooms? I've done some quick searches on Expedia, and come up dry. I know I'm not very bright for waiting this long...I intended to get on it right away, but for some reason never did. Thanks for any help you can toss my way...

Spot

Quote | Reply
I think the stuff outside of town does not fill up. It just complicates your race morning but totally doable. Try the town of saranac. couple minutes bike ride to lp proper. jay is another town. look at the race route and you can pick a good viewing site out of town on the course out toward the horse show grounds or near the ski jumps.

good luck
kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Procrastination sucks...need ideas for Lake Placid Lodging [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much!

Spot

Quote | Reply
Get on a wait list at Wildwood (or any hotels in the area). Last year I procrastinated on reservations, got scared around January, and then booked/stayed in wilmington(blah!) last year. I got a few calls later about availability (I was on wait lists).

I wish I didn't stay out of town as it is much more exciting to be closer.
Quote Reply
Re: Procrastination sucks...need ideas for Lake Placid Lodging [hoover11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...just got a place in Saranac Lake. Gauthier Lodge...anyone ever heard of it? Kinda pricey, but looked like fun for the wife and kids...kayaks, canoes, paddle boats, etc....

Spot

Quote | Reply
I booked my place about a month ago. Found a place in Upper Jay about 15-20 minutes out of town. I rented a condo or sorts that sleeps 6 people and paid only 850 for a full week. Break that up over some friends who will be coming along and it's quite a bit cheaper then a hotel.

you might want to try going the condo or cabin route.

Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll look into that...I have until 22 May to cancel my other reservation.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Do you know of any places that have kitchens for reasonable prices? Just a fridge and micro would be enough for me. Last year we stayed at a fairly sketchy cabin in wilmington, and I'd like to not go back. But having some kind of rudimentary cooking facilities is important to me.

Thanks,
-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply