Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pretty cool helmet concept
Quote | Reply
That is actually a pretty cool helmet concept for a commuter style lid.
Quote Reply
Re: Pretty cool helmet concept [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless I'm missing something where there is some kind of locking mechanism, how is that even remotely safe? Hit anything with that helmet and it will collapse into your head offering no protection at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I like these better:

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that they have a "Nordic" version available too.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello windschatten and All,

Maybe something like this technology is coming our way in bike helmets ....

https://www.geekwire.com/...h-tech-vicis-helmet/

Excerpts:

"The $1,500 ZERO1 helmet, priced higher than existing options, features a unique design that is meant to mitigate the forces thought to cause concussions. Unlike traditional helmets, the outer shell on the ZERO1 is deformable and yields much like a car bumper upon impact. There is also a layer of flexible columns in the helmet that can absorb impact before it reaches a head.

“You don’t feel the thuds as hard as they normally are,” Avril said."

"The helmet finished first in the NFL’s 2017 Helmet Laboratory Testing Performance Results, which assessed 33 helmets that could be worn in the upcoming 2017 season and determined which was best at reducing head impact severity experienced by players during games."

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool helmet design guys. Although I don't think the first design is of that much help as I am concerned about it how protective it will be.
Quote Reply