Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Precision 4iiii
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience using the precision4iiii power meter products? I am interested to know if you experienced problems with ant+ drops outs.
Quote Reply
Re: Precision 4iiii [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used since July, never had a drop out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had it for a few months now, zero drops out. That's with a 520. Haven't tried connecting it with my watch.

DCrainmaker did a review of the dual-sided version this week, if you haven't seen it.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one, after my last one broke they upgraded it to the 2nd generation one.

Since then I haven't had many problems, I do have occasional drop outs, but not often. I use ANT with either my old Garmin 705 or an ANT stick on my laptop, both hae had drop outs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
Does anyone have experience using the precision4iiii power meter products? I am interested to know if you experienced problems with ant+ drops outs.

I have a stages and I've had occasional dropouts but not significant. But for racing I use it with a polar so it communicates via Bluetooth which seems to be more reliable for the most part. I have not experience significant dropouts. But you definitely find more reports of issues with dropouts with stages as far as I can tell.

I was considering 4iii or stages for one of my other bikes and dcrainmaker made a good point. With 4iii, you have the option to upgrade to dual sided in the future which to me pushed me over to 4iii
Quote Reply
Re: Precision 4iiii [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Food for thought - PowerTap P1's and Pioneer also have these options for devices/companies that are well established.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of locals here use it. Never heard anything negative. Probably getting mine soon. I live 25 minutes from their facility so I will be dropping off my crank in person...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Precision 4iiii [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I think I am going to send my DA crankset in for the mod.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been running a 4iii since they came out. I'm now on a second generation model after they offered to upgrade me for free when I had problems upgrading the firmware. I don't recall ever having a drop out. Maybe a sudden spike in reported for a second a couple of times over the last year. Certainly much more reliable than my Garmin 510. 4iiii's support and service are excellent.
Quote Reply
Re: Precision 4iiii [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony5 wrote:
Food for thought - PowerTap P1's and Pioneer also have these options for devices/companies that are well established.

Valid points. Price point wise I got stages for $349 and 4ii for $369 and I'm good with the left only readings.
Quote Reply