Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap problem - help!
Quote | Reply
I have a powertap problem - and sorry to not try to find the proper thread for the answer (I tried). Its a rear hub 2.4 model - older. It will give me readings for about 1 hr, sometimes less, then stop reading. I thought it was the batteries - so I replaced them with new ones. Got same problem...but now, sometimes it won't read at all ...so I remove the battery holder, and put it back, and it will read again. I think its a connection problem. Anyone have some suggestions on how to fix this or what's going on?
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap problem - help! [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes that holder gets loose inside the hub. I had mine replaced and put in new batteries and the PT is as good as new.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are getting weird reading or no readings at all you will have to send back the wheel to have hub internals rebuilt. I had this issue with my old SL+ which had a bad torque tube. Now the wheel is upgraded to G3 internals.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap problem - help! [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! How can I get the holder replaced? Order it from Powertap/cycleops? I think it is the holder...since it either reads or it doesn't...the numbers seem OK when it does read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
Thanks! How can I get the holder replaced? Order it from Powertap/cycleops? I think it is the holder...since it either reads or it doesn't...the numbers seem OK when it does read.

Call powertap and they will help you. Their support is outstanding. I had an issue with my sl+ and it turned out to be the holder. I assumed it would need to be sent in, but they recommended trying the holder first and it fixed the issue. I was getting bad numbers, so not just dropouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:

My LBS had the extra parts as they work on PT quite a bit, so you can start with that. See if your LBS can replace it. Or like another poster suggested you can call PT and they can probably send one to you.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap problem - help! [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you thank you for the replies!
Quote Reply