Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powermeter Frustrations / Advice
Quote | Reply
i have been running power since the Ergomo days and have never experienced drop outs like i am on my current set up. After trying to trouble shoot with the manufacture and doing an RMA with them there is zero change to i am looking to change out. My set up is Cervelo with di2 11 speed on a GRX 2 x crank. I am looking for slowtwitch wisdom on options that allow me to keep the GRX crank or at least same 48/31 crank - i am not interested in a peddle system.
Last edited by: Zulu: May 7, 24 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: Powermeter Frustrations / Advice [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mention GRX crank, but didn't specify what PM you are currently using with it, that is giving you issues?
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: May 7, 24 7:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GRX should be 4iiii or Stages. So, 4iiii.

P2Max with Rotor Aldhu? Can use the GRX chainrings and P2M are a solid choice. Never had any issues with the older model I ran, and seems people have pretty good experience with them. Only negative I would say watch out for is my Rotor 3D24s (two pairs) used to click and creak - on the Shimano 24mm spindle. Tried a genuine Shimano Ultegra and never went back. Aldhu is a much newer model and hopefully that is resolved. As for the P2M, it was faultless for years.
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: May 7, 24 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: Powermeter Frustrations / Advice [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be disappointing. Was considering a 4iiii as I thought they had gotten great reviews over the years....
Quote Reply
Re: Powermeter Frustrations / Advice [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4iiii is the current issue i am done with!! i will look into Power2Max.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I edited whilst you replied just to add a caution on the Rotor. Maybe others who’ve used the Aldhu can advise. My old 3D24s were a generation before the Aldhu.
Quote Reply
Re: Powermeter Frustrations / Advice [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i am extremely frustrated 4iiii
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a power2max power meter on a rotor crank, 48/31 chainrings. Works fine IMO. Just have to make sure you properly torque down the crankarms when you install it, I had some issues with the crankarms loosening up the first couple months that went away after I really tightened them down.
Quote Reply
Re: Powermeter Frustrations / Advice [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you
Quote Reply