Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Powerman NC Results
Quote | Reply
If someone could post results of the male pro race when they know them, I'd appreciate it. Race should be over in about 45 minutes or so...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have never understood why it takes so long for race directors to post the times after the event.

can any race directors help me out?
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have never understood why it takes so long for race directors to post the times after the event.

can any race directors help me out?
What they need to do is hire sportstats.ca and by the time you drive home it will be posted on their website. Sportstats is the benchmark for all timing companies.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we are spoiled. i often can't be bothered to fight the results scrum so my coach knows my placings before me and has emailed by the time i'm home.

k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump.... anyone?

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Tom Jeffry (2:04:XX)
2) Josh Beck (2:08:XX)
3) Me! :) (2:09:XX)
4) Some guy from South Africa
5) Kevin Denahy
6) Michael Boehmer (go Timex!!)

Women:
1) Brianna Boehmer (go Timex again!)
2) Tamara Kozulina (and one more go Timex!)

Other SlowTwitch Notables in the house: UNCTriGuy, TriBriGuy (3rd in AG).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats, Jordan. That's damned fast.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job, Jordan. You left before I had a chance to introduce myself.

I raced well today but unfortunately was misdirected along with some others and we cut the course short. I knew something went wrong when I finished less than a minute after the female pro winner and starting 2 minutes after the pro field after never seeing any of the female pros during the bike. Oops. Can't undo it so no point in crying about it. There will be other races.

My husband got some pictures of you finishing up the bike along with several other pro men. We'll post a link when they are up.

Again, great job.

aliciap

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race production team is out of Wilmington, a good 4 hour drive if you don't stop to eat. They break down, give out awards and drive home first usually before posting final results to the internet.

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good race and GREAT weather! i knew something was weird on the bike when i ended up passing the same guy twice... at the beginning and again around mile 25...! i did alright, although i had to take two bathroom breaks on run #2... something i ate didn't agree with me. runs were a bit slower this year but i was 45 seconds faster on the bike so that is a positive...

good job to all finishers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work. You better keep it up. I noticed tetsuoni has not raced Alabama or NC this year (is he racing in Ohio?) so it may be that he is on a dedicated mission to dominate all comers at American Zofingen.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
according to his website he's sticking to tri's this year... a bunch of 1/2 irons and a full iron. if i remember a.zofi is on his schedule as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [billym99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup...I'm with you Aliciap...I don't know if I got it right or not...Richard Bailey let me know that I might have been one of the folks off course...I can't even remember when it might have been...I had most of the same people right in front of me most of the way...but I do think that you passed me twice, Billy...or at least I got passed by someone in black twice ... (I was the Marine Corps dude on the Talon SL, if that helps)...anyway...despite that...I had a great race...I was stronger than last year...even if I had to factor in the off course I think I'd still end up about 4 minutes faster than last year...but certainly with the questions...the right thing to do was go to the race director... Not the PR I was looking for... first ever DQ (on the heels of last year's first ever DNF...) Hopefully the old saw that bad things come in three's is true...because my last three races are DNF, DNF, and DQ...must mean I'm back on track at the next one (PM OH). ;-)

Jordan was smoking fast...congrats Jordan...

It was good to meet the few of you that I met... I wish I'd met more but I was sorting out the mess with the director after the race... Congrats to all of you.

How about PM OH? Who's doing that one? I'll be there...
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Apr 23, 06 17:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
American Zofi is John's race...so he'll be there all right...directing any of us nuts that show up...
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brian,

Husband of aliciap here. As near as we can figure alicia and some others were misdirected onto Albert Rd which cut off about 2.3 miles. Albert feeds right into Dairyland so it drops you right back on the course. We were quite puzzled until we drove the course post race and figured it out.

--gary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBri... It wasn't you on the bike, but i do remember you from the run. i think you were right around me when i first ducked into the portajohn after lap #1! not my finest moment:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Marine's jersey? I saw you. :) I was in black & yellow.

For all: link to photos

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, GREAT PHOTOS! Can you email #'s 103-106 if you get a chance? jordanrapp-AT-gmail-DOT-com. Thanks! I'm sorry you got misdirected on the bike. You looked great out on the run!

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha...I wondered what happened to you! That's funny...I thought that was you...I was toughing through some cramps going up that hill, and was just trying to pace the run off of you...I felt much better on the second lap.

Alicia...yeah...I remember you on the run...you had a lot of fans.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [gc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a shame it happened...All I can say is that I felt that I went right where I was being flagged to go, and always had people in front of me...so if I went off course...there was certainly a raft of others...

Oh well...on to the next one...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jordan. Not the end of the world about the DQ, but it would have been cool to get points for a big effort.

Easiest way to get the photos you want is to click on the intermediate size picture to get the large version then right click / save image as... to your hard drive. We don't have them secured or anything.

aliciap

Quote Reply
Re: Powerman NC Results [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't be at Ohio. I'm taking a rest from the duathlon scene this season. After 4 straight full seasons, I burned out on the intensity and travel. I'm only racing tris (and A.Z.) in NY State this season, with the exception of closing out the season at Silverman.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powerman NC was a great race, it's unfortunate some folks got DQ'd due to course issues.

I need some help understanding why there are so many empty Gu and Gel packs all over the road. These communities certainly don't have to allow these events to use the roads and schools. The way we, as a community, show our appreciation is by littering? I understand the occasional dropped packet, but I saw tons of empty open packets left all over the roads of North Carolina yesterday and I was toward the middle of the pack. I can't imagine how much trash is left on the course by the time everyone finishes.

Put the empties back in your pocket until you can find a trash can. We should try to leave the race venue at least as clean as we found it.

On to Ohio!

Sean Cusack

http://www.RunRichmond.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan,

Way to tear it up!

The results are posted here >> http://set-upinc.com/rp5/pmnchome.shtml for those of you who have not found it.

Not too bad - they got same-day processing. Must be set-up is working to get these up same day. Good to see...

Congrats to all who participated! Sounds like it was a great day on the course.

Jordan - are you coming to Timberman this year?

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey STers -

It's UNCTriGuy. I didn't race yesterday...I was the uber-caffeinated guy directing cyclist at the first left out...Old Fayetteville Rd/Old 86 and Dairyland merge. I'm sorry to hear about the mixup at at Arthur Minnis. I think in addition to signs pointing the RIGHT WAY, at intersections where it can be confusing, race organizers need signs that say WRONG WAY...TURN BACK! (Plus, it would help if volunteers were more alert...that's where the caffeine comes in handy).

In enjoyed meeting fellow STers...it's a small world. Congrats Jordan...Team Timex cleaned house yesterday!

See you at the races.

SunnyD
Quote Reply

Prev Next