Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power meter for Emonda SL6
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Trek Emonda SL6 as my main everyday bike (both racing and training) and now I'm looking to get a power meter. I've basically narrowed it down to the following:

1) A Zipp 404 FC clincher wheelset with a Powertap GS (~$2000 in total), or

2) A Power2Max NG with Rotor 3D cranks (~$1350)

I was initially leaning towards the Zipp 404s with the Powertap, but I'm wondering now if there'd even been any point to adding aero wheels to an Emonda (the frame looks about as aero as a barn door, and I'd be worried that the extremely wide downtube would interfere with any aero benefit of the Zipps). Would I be better off saving $$ with the P2M? Or maybe going a different route altogether (e.g., a super light wheelset with a Powertap?)?
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter for Emonda SL6 [Hookflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither is a bad choice. Even with a non-aero frame, aero wheels will be faster. Maybe consider 303FCs? They are true "do it all" wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter for Emonda SL6 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Neither is a bad choice. Even with a non-aero frame, aero wheels will be faster. Maybe consider 303FCs? They are true "do it all" wheels.

Thanks for the reply! The 303s do look pretty sweet, but the one thing holding me back is that I've heard they don't fit in certain frames (due to their width).

Any Emonda owners using Zipp 303s?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not have an Emonda. I have G3 wheels, GS wheels, and a crank based power meter. All are good. If you think you'll ever have multiple wheels for races, the crank-based pwoermeter gives you more options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Emonda SL6 and my favorite thing about the bike is the clearance for 30mm tires. No issue fitting wide wheels.

FWIW I run a Quarq Riken because I don't like being committed to one set of wheels.

I vote for the crank-based PM and whatever wheels you want.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hookflash wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Thanks for the reply! The 303s do look pretty sweet, but the one thing holding me back is that I've heard they don't fit in certain frames (due to their width).

Any Emonda owners using Zipp 303s?

You can ask Trek. If it fits the Bontrager Aeolus wheels (which are super wide) it will probably fit 303s.
Quote Reply