Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power - Aerodynamics trade off
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what kind of power drop (if any) one can expect when switching from a road bike to a tri bike. I know that any power drop should be counter balanced by increased aerodynamics and running better off the bike. I have seen about a 25 watt decrease in my 20 min CT power test and just wonder if others have seen similar drops.
Quote Reply
Re: Power - Aerodynamics trade off [jaydog9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really shouldn't see much of a power drop after you become acclimated to the position. How long have you been riding it for?

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lowered and stretched my front end earlier this year and saw an 8w cost intially. Within 2 weeks I'd got this back and was faster too.
Quote Reply
Re: Power - Aerodynamics trade off [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been in this new position for about 1.5 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give yourself time and miles in the new position. Adaption is the key.

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Power - Aerodynamics trade off [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going on a week long training camp in Penticton next week. Can't decide if it would be best to bring the road bike instead of the tri bike (with all the climbing and group riding etc). My A race (HIM) is 1 month after the end of the training camp, so i am not sure if that would be enough to re-adapt to the tri bike if I brought the road bike to Penticton??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
take the road bike if you think you should, a month is fine. (FYI i did my first two races this year off of riding a road bike more over the winter, and only a few rides on the tri bike and was fine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take the road bike if this is a camp with group riding. Use the camp to improve form. Then when you get back spend lots of time on your Tri bike during the month before your HIM.

Ric
Quote Reply