Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PowerTap SL 2.4
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to get one of these. My LBS keeps telling me they will have them at the end of the week. They have been telling me this for 6weeks now. Are they shipping yet?
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap SL 2.4 [slowrob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told mine would come in after Interbike...then end of October...then November...then mid-December...Hmm today is the 28th. VAporware?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know that I am not alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one on order and I'm really PO'd. I was never told this was on backorder and wasn't available. I was told by the dealer I went through that I'd have my wheel in mid-January. After reading this thread, I called my dealer who acted pretty clueless. So then I called CycleOps. They said they are just now getting the first units and have a healthy backlog they're trying to work through. That backlog is 4 to 6 weeks.

Since I wrote that initially, I talked to CycleOps again and got a different person on the line who was much more customer service oriented. He seemed to think they were getting orders shipped to dealers at a pretty rapid clip and were beginning to get "caught up." I explained that I had placed an order with a dealer (who had, in turn, placed it with them) last week. This CycleOps guy said he'd be surprised if the hub didn't ship to my dealer in about 2 weeks. We'll see.

FYI,

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Last edited by: psycholist: Dec 28, 06 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap SL 2.4 [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ST mojo has worked for me. As I was reading the post from psycholist my phone rang and it was the LBS informing me that my hub had been shipped on the 26th and should be here the 1st part of next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Original quote: “They have been telling me this for 6weeks now. Are they shipping yet?”

Last post: “As I was reading the post from psycholist my phone rang and it was the LBS informing me that my hub had been shipped on the 26th and should be here the 1st part of next week.”

slowrob,

Sorry, but I couldn't resist asking what will they be saying the middle of next week?

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap SL 2.4 [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh! Don't even say something like that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ordered mine and the wife's from excel sports in boulder on 12/16. they built four wheels and they were in my hands on 12/20. I love mine. hope you get yours soon. a friend of mine has one on order from a semi lbs and was told end of april.
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap SL 2.4 [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I love mine."

Great to hear that. Do you have any specific impressions to pass along? Any problems with signal reception or interference? Did/do you have a previous model, or other power measurement tool to compare with? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap SL 2.4 [kenwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experiences with the SL 2.4 to share?
Quote Reply
Re: PowerTap SL 2.4 [kenwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. It didn't. That's my experience so far.

I hope to be able to provide a more comprehensive report very soon.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in Philly over the holidays and stopped in at an lbs there that had sold a couple of PT SL 2.4's. They had problems with them and the PT's were sent back for repair. At that time they were not selling any until they knew the problems had been fixed. I am not certain what the problems were but am curious as the PT was one of the main power meters they sold. Obviously early units can have problems in anything sold as the push to get the units out in a hurry to meet market demand as well as new tooling/manufacturers can always cause problems. I am curious what others here on ST have to say about the PT SL 2.4. Mine is on order and set to be built up this coming week. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Andy
Quote Reply