Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post your best deals here!
Quote | Reply
Got my tricked out P3 for under $1700:

52cm 2003 Cervelo P3 - Hardly used on eBay - $1500
Full Dura Ace 9 sp, with Dura Ace AX Aero Brakes - a rare find
3T Ahero Integrated Aerobar
Selle San Marco Concor Light Saddle - Swapped out for my own Profile Tri Stryke (sells new on Performance Bike for $40 now)

Sold the Ksyrium Elite wheels that came with the bike for $300, bought a Specialized Tri Spoke wheelset (used) for $450 off craigslist (front and rear from separate buyers, both came with tubular tires already glued on, with the front wheel having a funky purple bolt-on skewer). Peeled off the "Specialized" sticker so the wheels look like ghetto HED 3s. (=

Specialized Speedzone Elite Cyclocomputer (wireless, with cadence) - $15 on closeout on eBay

Can't get very much faster than this for the price I think. (=

Yes, the seat is awfully high, but I'm slightly torso impaired, and this works for me. As does the downward sloping aerobar extensions; it feels more powerful for me too.
Am yet to cut the steerer tube down to size... will do so when I find the guts to do it.

Post your own deals in this thread too!

- Guo-Liang

Re: Post your best deals here! [chewgl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how much money was saved by not putting the E in front of the X on the XTINGSUISHER?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll run you close - I will be racing a P2K this year that I got from that InsideOut deal for $600. On the back I'll be using a wheel builder wheel cover for about $70 and the front will probably just be the velomax the bike came with came with. All the other parts will be stuff I had left over except, possibly some new shoes. My race suit was $0 from the Javelin tri team offer a year or so ago.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [IM2B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XTINGSUISHER is this dudes mantra. He slams home a sub 4 hour IM bike split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best deal? How about the following. I have had 3 Hed discs in my time, and sold them all.

Bought a second hand Hed Pro-Am disc for 200, rode it for four years, then sold it for 200.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to see you on the bike...the setup just seems awkwardly proportioned.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [Epiclesis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Litespeed Blade frame, fork, and seatpost. $1215 Shipped
Dura Ace Set up crank, f. der, r. der, chain ( purchased eperately off ebay ) $380 Shipped
Re-used Vision aero bars , DA bar ends, DA cassette X-Lite wheels, and speedplay pedals from my OLD '80s C-Dale Criterium. Free.
$1595 Litespeed Blade. "Upgrade" ($2250 Total invested.)

IPA Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would tilt that aero bar setup a bit.

That is my favorite color of p3 seriously. I really like the looks of your bike. and congrats for doing it on the "reasonable" (cheap didn't seem right :) ).

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three years ago,I got tis on e-bay:

650 cc Argon 18 Xenon bike, new frame, all Dura Ace, ALX300 wheels, Easton carbon seat post for $560.00
I addad Dura Ace pedals------------------------------------------------------------------------$140.00
Used Zipp 404s --------------------------------------------------------------------------------$250.00
Zipp dimpled disk---------------------------wedding gift-----------------------------------------gift

Total-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$950.00

Now tha bike does not look so good, decals are coming off, but it still works great and I try to ride it fast.

Looking like a color blind super hero!
Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2002 Litespeed Saber, purchased online brand new in 2005 $810.
It was cheap because it came with drop bars and 650c wheels.
Sold the shifters, crank and stem for an equal trade on new carbon cranks and used PD CarbonX.
Zipps were picked up used with new conti comps for $600

I also have one of the $599 P2Ks.

Pic was after the rebuild was complete - not fitted.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [RobInOn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were the $599 P2Ks from Inside Out 700s or 650s?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [moosetris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
650s.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got free aero bars from Erik Clark. Top that

Re: Post your best deals here! [RobInOn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My best deal was at a Performance store.

I had some older paper coupons ($40 worth). It was right when they started just tracking online and were not issuing paper coupons anymore. So, I went to a physical store and got about $125 (not including tax) worth of product hoping to get $40 off.

Well, they had a new employee (turnover was high there for a while), just a week on and was not familiar with inputing coupons in the register. It took him almost 1/2 hour to ring up my purchases. Finally, just decided to input $40.00 in the coupon code as 4000. Well, it finally completed the transaction and he said I did not owe anything. He bagged my stuff and gave me a receipt with $00.00.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm....I think the best deal I ever got was back in 2000.

'98 Softride Classic frame fork and beam with custom paint job by John Cobb and outfitted with Dura Ace - $700 ($300 of it was the paint job).
Hed Deep rear with Hed jet front with cassete - $200
I think I had an existing set of Syntace C2's, and then swapped a Mavic Mektronics setup for a Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero fork. I believe when all was said and done, I had not yet spent $1k.

...then there was the time I bought my Scott Waimea Pro ('97) for $700 or so (pro deal) and sold it for $750 3 years later :-)
...or that same Softride I ended up selling 3 years later for about $1500....

...although the best deals didn't cost a thing but some time to form a good relationship with some great bike industry people (i.e. providing alot of publicity for both Rich Ducar - now of The Bike Shop in Glen Ellyn, IL AND Bill/Mission Bay Multisport earned some free gear).

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I had some older paper coupons ($40 worth). It was right when they started just tracking online and were not issuing paper coupons anymore. So, I went to a physical store and got about $125 (not including tax) worth of product hoping to get $40 off.

Well, they had a new employee (turnover was high there for a while), just a week on and was not familiar with inputing coupons in the register. It took him almost 1/2 hour to ring up my purchases. Finally, just decided to input $40.00 in the coupon code as 4000. Well, it finally completed the transaction and he said I did not owe anything. He bagged my stuff and gave me a receipt with $00.00.

And it didn't occur to you that this transaction was incorrect, and that you should attempt to correct it?

You and I have different ethics systems.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His "supervisor" was right next to him and gave him the OK. I actually did say that it seemed odd that I did not owe anything. It was obvious I had $40 coupons, not $125. He said I had enough "points" to cover the balance. After over a 1/2 hour at the counter, I was not about to argue.

I am not making this up for justification.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
His "supervisor" was right next to him and gave him the OK. I actually did say that it seemed odd that I did not owe anything.

Okay. That's different.

I sincerely apologize.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine has to be the Steal I just got a few weeks ago.

I was shopping for a new Mountain bike and kept getting nailed by last minute bidders using sniping software. I signed up for a sniping service and the first auction I sniped, I WON !!!

The prize is my new 2006 Ironhorse Azure Expert XC race machine. Reatil on it is about $3200.00 I paid $1175.00. The thing had never even been assembled before. Turns out it was the designer of the DW-link suspension who was selling it, he gets them free from Ironhorse. His 2007 was on the way and he never got a chance to biuld up his 2006.

I've been switching a few components out for carbon (post/bars) and a superlight stem. By the time I get done it will weigh under 27 pounds. It goes on it's maiden voyage this wekend. I'm very excited.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Last edited by: karma: Jan 30, 07 17:03
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity, what sniping service or software did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your best deals here! [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought a Trek 2300 in 1992 for $810 dollars with Ultegra since I couldn't afford DA. I sold it with exactly the same components and wheels 8 years later for $850.

Paul
Quote Reply