Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bike bottle down the front of the jersey. used to refill front bottle with speedfil cap.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:
IM Tulsa

1) AP/NP: 152/163
2) Average speed in MPH: 21.0
3) Distance: 112 mi
4) Rider weight: 144lbs/65.3 kg
5) Describe bike and wheels: Diamondback Serios, 60mm front + wheelbuilder disk cover rear
6) Misc notes: fit and tested by Jim at Ero, aerocoach extensions/arm rests, bottle in jersey, official split was 5:21:08, moving time was 5:18:35

That's great speed for power I think. Good stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time riding a 100 mile TT - Main goal was to flat or positive split power

1) 268 W (270 NP & 0.82 IF)

2) 27.2 MPH (43.7 km/h)

3) 100 Mile (161 Km)

4) 141 Ibs (64 kg)

5) Gaint Trinty TT, 80mm Front wheel, Dics rear, Water bladder down the skin suit

6) Happy with the pacing & ride in general. Felt far better than my 2 Ironman races last year, despite a high training load at the moment. Held the power I wanted (low end of 70.3). Seemed pretty aero Mywindsock had a very low 0.185 CDA but a basic online calculator seems to give 0.2 CDA.

7)

Now to rest up ready for my IM 70.3 Pro debut race at Stafford in 2 weeksHappy to answer any question about this ride, equipment or fuelling đź‘Ť

Ride file - https://www.strava.com/activities/9161587443

Full-time Engineer / Part-time Pro Triathlete
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/benwgoodfellow/
Strava - https://www.strava.com/athletes/3085032
Website - https://benwgoodfellow.wixsite.com/bengoodfellow
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 228 watts
2) 21.1 MPH
3) 55.67 miles
4) 210 lbs
5) Speed Concept 7.0 (brezza cockpit) 808 front 900 rear
6) 1,330 ft. of climbing so pretty flat course. under 70* air temps.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BenwGoodfellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BenwGoodfellow wrote:
First time riding a 100 mile TT - Main goal was to flat or positive split power

1) 268 W (270 NP & 0.82 IF)

2) 27.2 MPH (43.7 km/h)

3) 100 Mile (161 Km)

4) 141 Ibs (64 kg)

5) Gaint Trinty TT, 80mm Front wheel, Dics rear, Water bladder down the skin suit

6) Happy with the pacing & ride in general. Felt far better than my 2 Ironman races last year, despite a high training load at the moment. Held the power I wanted (low end of 70.3). Seemed pretty aero Mywindsock had a very low 0.185 CDA but a basic online calculator seems to give 0.2 CDA.

7)

Now to rest up ready for my IM 70.3 Pro debut race at Stafford in 2 weeksHappy to answer any question about this ride, equipment or fuelling đź‘Ť

Ride file - https://www.strava.com/activities/9161587443

Fantastic!

Happy for you

“Held the power I wanted (low end of 70.3”

Incredible

Good luck in your pro debut
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 Morro Bay

1) 278 AP, 285 NP
2) 25.7 MPH Average (2:11:33 official split)
3) 56 Miles
4) 165lbs/75kg
5) Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 8.0, Roval 321 Disc Rear + Zipp 808 Front
6) Misc notes - Pretty rainy/foggy day but cool temperature wise, course was rolling with ~1900ft of elevation, originally supposed to be straight out and back on Highway 1 but had a few detours. Not much wind and decent road surface

Probably could find a more ideal fitting helmet to close the gap to the back, also need to work on my shrug, shoulders look wider than it felt like they were. Also looking to get some bigger chain rings for the downhills as I spin out at ~35mph, currently have a 53/39 and go between 11/25 or 11/28 in the back, but think bumping up to a 58/something in the front might work better

https://www.strava.com/athletes/48564682
https://www.instagram.com/leemount96/
Last edited by: leemount96: May 30, 23 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [leemount96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Victoria 70.3

1) 189w
2) 20.6 mph (2:42 split) - 8/74 in AG (55-59)
3) 56 miles
4) 153lbs
5) Cervelo P5 - standard wheels
6) Bumpy course with 2900ft of elevation. Super twisty and turny with some really bad road surface in places. Very little wind
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Challenge Championship

1) 247w
2) 40.5 km/h (25.2? mp/h) for a 2:10:26 official split
3) 88km (55 miles)
4) 67.5kg (149lbs)
5) Quintana Roo PrSix2 - Vision metron 55 wheels with EZ disc cover on rear
6) excuses... power profile pretty front loaded, eased off final 20km or so of tailwind to try to control the core body temp ahead of the run (didn't work but worth a shot given race day temp over 10 degrees Celcius higher than I'd been able to train in all season). First time riding a relatively surgey race going with draft legal packs/working to drop riders in my AG etc.
7)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [leemount96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kudos, well done! I remember seeing you go past me and then quickly disappear up the road and into the fog.

In addition to the wet conditions, another note to add was the stretch of degraded road surface between Cambria and San Simeon with lots of cracks and bumps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just had a sprint triathlon today. Basically flat there and back for 3 laps, roundabout at each end. A little wind coming back. Wish I had pics but times were interesting as speed increased a little but watts went down. Wasn’t drafting but did coast a bit here and there, think more at the end.

Lap 1 = 9:48 (22.1mph) @ 206 Watts
Lap 2 = 9:41 (22.4 mph) @ 196 Watts
Lap 3 = 9:29 (22.9 mph) @ 192 Watts

185lbs in a felt ia advanced (disc).
HED Jet6 rear wheel and basic Prime front wheel. Set up tubeless at about 85 psi the night before, maybe went down slightly by race time.
With Giro Aerobead helmet (and had visor on, except last quarter of final lap), and Castelli san remo 2 tri suit.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/pmadjarov
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [pmadjarov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pmadjarov wrote:
Just had a sprint triathlon today. Basically flat there and back for 3 laps, roundabout at each end. A little wind coming back. Wish I had pics but times were interesting as speed increased a little but watts went down. Wasn’t drafting but did coast a bit here and there, think more at the end.

Lap 1 = 9:48 (22.1mph) @ 206 Watts
Lap 2 = 9:41 (22.4 mph) @ 196 Watts
Lap 3 = 9:29 (22.9 mph) @ 192 Watts

185lbs in a felt ia advanced (disc).
HED Jet6 rear wheel and basic Prime front wheel. Set up tubeless at about 85 psi the night before, maybe went down slightly by race time.
With Giro Aerobead helmet (and had visor on, except last quarter of final lap), and Castelli san remo 2 tri suit.

Interesting increase in speed and decrease in watts. Probably not to the extent you saw, but I see this in my testing an attribute it to 2 things. 1) I get more relaxed after a bit of time, everything falls into place. 2) Temperature rises a bit, making for warmer road surface and decrease in air density. Add that sometimes barometric pressure is decreasing. It all adds up. Cold tires out of T1 do make a difference. I still think #1 is a bigger thing.

<pink> now if you would have had 4 bottles in your jersey you would have been 22watts faster</pink>
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha unfortunately I read that article ( 1.5L bottle in chest of trisuit) immediately AFTER the race. Darn, next time!

Very possible it was just relaxing on the bike. Wish I had video or pics to see position. Not sure about the temperature, it was a consistent 82 degrees, and it's just a sprint so it was quick. Although are you suggesting the friction on the tires heats them up and that makes a big difference? Man I might have to seriously warm up before next time. Might run it back this weekend and see what results I get, will let you know if I do. Plus another run with the bottle for fun!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/pmadjarov
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [pmadjarov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Marc was referring to crr dropping as outside temps rise but yes getting tyres up to temp would also contribute
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By Turtleman Tri in Minnesota

Average watts - 218w, 220NP
Average speed in MPH - 24.5
Distance - 24 miles
Rider weight - 140lbs
Describe bike and wheels - Canyon speedmax cf 7 run with light bike 65mm front 88mm rear
Misc notes - Decent course for speed, two loops, not too many turns, 500ft gain so pretty flat, roads about as good as can be hoped for after the winter we had here

Was a little surprised to see how much my head was stuck out. This was the only pic I got so maybe an unlucky shot, but might also be worth dropping the pads to get a little lower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Musselman 70.3

Average watts - 200w, 207NP
Average speed in MPH - 23.3
Distance - 56 miles
Rider weight - 172lbs 6’4”
Describe bike and wheels - Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 8.0. DT Swiss 60 front 80 rear with GP 5000 tubeless 25’s
Misc notes - shoved a bottle down my top after I finished it. Need to figure out a BTA bottle mount with my cockpit - had a bottle on the seat tube. Looking to sell my Jetstream TT helmet and pick up an Aerohead that I think will suit me better.

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 231w

2) Average speed: 24.1mph

3) Distance: 40k Flat TT

4) Rider weight: 205-210lbs (6'5" / 195.58cm tall)

5) Describe bike and wheels: 2021 Cannondale Superslice 58cm / Aerocoach Zephyr Front / PremierBike Disc Rear / Vittoria Corsa Speeds (23c front 25c rear)

6) Notes: Overall happy with my watts to mph ratio at my height. I did make a wrong turn at one point (thanks course marshals for failing to signal at the only confusing part, but managing to signal everywhere else) obviously it's my fault for not knowing the course well enough, but that probably would've saved me another 20-30 seconds. I've been off the bike from Feb - June from a back injury, and haven't done hardly any training at all leading up to this, so I'm also happy with being able to stay comfy in my position for the full race... Time to train for next year!

7) Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/jTBszy3
Last edited by: treyxt: Aug 22, 23 2:28
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 6’5, 200 and I can’t crack an hour on 280 watts for a flat course. I would love to see your fit and position!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Levinbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was 3rd here last year, 16 and 12" behind the first 2 guys and edging out the 4th guy by 0.6". Beat those two that were in front of me last year this time, but that 4th guy now beat me by 14" which is way too much on such a short TT..

1) Average power = 322W, Normalized power = 325W (Assioma Duo)
2) Average speed = 29.2MPH, 46.7km/h
3) Distance = 8.3Mi, 13.3km
4) Rider weight = 148lb, 67kg Height = 5'7", 170cm
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Trek Speed Concept, cheap Aliexpress 70mm Trispoke, Ron wheels Aeron X disc, Vittoria latex tubes (6.4Bar front, 6.4Bar rear), Michelin Power Cup Clincher 25mm, ghetto tape mod to create "super extensions", Rotor Aldhu MAS Aero with Pyramid Cycle Design 58T 1X and 155mm cranks, C-bear ceramic BB, KCNC oversized pulley system, KMC X11SL chain, SRAM PG1170 11-26 cassette. Nopinz Flow suit, Giro Aerohead, Sockeloen non-UCI long aero socks.
6) Excuses: None really. It started raining right at the start which made it a bit sketchy from time to time but that was the same for every competitor. Did not spend enough time on the TT bike since April since I wanted to try to qualify for the Gran Fondo WC in Glasgow, which I did.

7) No pictures online yet but will add one when I find any.
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Aug 21, 23 23:29
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Levinbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Levinbr wrote:
I’m 6’5, 200 and I can’t crack an hour on 280 watts for a flat course. I would love to see your fit and position!

here's a link to the pictures they took at the race. https://imgur.com/a/jTBszy3
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow you look crazy aero!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) AP 210w / NP 211w
2) 22.1 MPH
3) 3.5mi TT
4) 201 lbs
5) QR Lucero, FLO 60 (F) HED disc (R)
6) First event nearly 2 months after being hit by a car, very happy with the effort considering my lack of training, and just general "hurt". And having to deal with a flock of geese blocking the road at one point...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why thank you :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 261 AP/268 NP
2) 28.0 mph
3) 49 miles/2,075' of elevation gain
4) 162 lb
5) Cervelo P5-3, Hed Jet 9 + Disc w/ 25c GP5k TT, Giro Aerohead, Wyn Veloce suit
6) Horrible head discipline since I had to pass approximately 8,000 people after my horrible swim; no calf sleeves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 152 AP/160NP
2. 21.1 mph
3. 54.7 miles
4. 150 lbs
5. Scott Plasma 4 (which is close to a Plasma 5 with a standard stem and Profile aerobars). Handbuilt 50mm carbon wheels and 23mm GP5000s.
6. Great ride for me at Harvest Moon Half in Boulder. Average temp about 60F, little wind.
Link to photo to credit photographer.

See your bike fit. https://bikefitr.appspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Was 3rd here last year, 16 and 12" behind the first 2 guys and edging out the 4th guy by 0.6". Beat those two that were in front of me last year this time, but that 4th guy now beat me by 14" which is way too much on such a short TT..

1) Average power = 322W, Normalized power = 325W (Assioma Duo)
2) Average speed = 29.2MPH, 46.7km/h
3) Distance = 8.3Mi, 13.3km
4) Rider weight = 148lb, 67kg Height = 5'7", 170cm
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Trek Speed Concept, cheap Aliexpress 70mm Trispoke, Ron wheels Aeron X disc, Vittoria latex tubes (6.4Bar front, 6.4Bar rear), Michelin Power Cup Clincher 25mm, ghetto tape mod to create "super extensions", Rotor Aldhu MAS Aero with Pyramid Cycle Design 58T 1X and 155mm cranks, C-bear ceramic BB, KCNC oversized pulley system, KMC X11SL chain, SRAM PG1170 11-26 cassette. Nopinz Flow suit, Giro Aerohead, Sockeloen non-UCI long aero socks.
6) Excuses: None really. It started raining right at the start which made it a bit sketchy from time to time but that was the same for every competitor. Did not spend enough time on the TT bike since April since I wanted to try to qualify for the Gran Fondo WC in Glasgow, which I did.

7) No pictures online yet but will add one when I find any.

Impressive work!
Quote Reply

Prev Next