Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [curdog16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celtman

Still suffering the lingering effects from undertraining after the shoulder surgery so my CFD is off at the minute.

Distance 202km
Height gain 2387m
Average Watts 237
Average speed 31.1km/hr
Wind 37-40km/hr with gusts up 60. First 30km tail wind with cross. Then cross/head for a lot of the next 90km, cross with some tail over the next 40km descents dangerous so out of the tempo bars and the last 40km to T2 into block headwind, that got crazy in the high sided valleys, often blowing right across the road and almost bringing me to a stop. It also horizontal rained for significant parts of the route.

My body weight was circa 81kg I guess and the bike is around 9.5kg. Quintana Roo PrSix with di2, Reynolds strike AR58 wheels, conti GP5000 set up tubeless. Rear box snapped off in transit so riding with aero bar in frame and behind the seat bar.

Road surface diabolical for most of it, and lots of heavy traffic on single lane roads meant a lot of undertaking/overtaking cars, which will have cost quite a few minutes. Picture here was just before a wet corner with backed up traffic so I am sat up a little.
Last edited by: ianmo80: Jul 2, 22 10:27
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 CDA 2022

1) Average Watts: 209. NP: 220
2) Average speed 22.5 MPH
3) 56 Miles, 3,445 FT elevation gain
4) 156lbs
5) Bike: 2019 Canyon Speedmax CF
Wheels: Front DT Swiss 66mm, Rear: Premier Tactical Disc.
Tires: GP5000 23mm Front, 25mm Rear. Latex Tubes. 87PSI rear, 90 PSI front
Helmet: Rudy Project Wing(the new one)
Kit: Huub Anemoi +, Huub Aero socks
6) Felt like I rode well, I am not very good at course management. I do a good job of riding over the hills and carrying speed. I don't have confidence in riding hard uphills or do a good job carrying speed through the corners. Basically, I suck at riding a bike, lol.
7) Photo from earlier race, but same setup. Any feedback would be great!

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman 70.3 Jönköping
Lots of elevation gain with a very long uphill in the beginning. For me, this was one of the faster/watt I have done!

1) 205 AP 213 NP
2) 34,6 kph 21,6MPH
3) 90K
4) ~74kg ±2kg
5) Planet X Exocet 2 with 60mm front and disc in the back.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero:
We only have 1 disc and 1 aero helmet in the family and I got the disc and my wife the helmet!

https://acprestation.se/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bare hill sprint duathlon (Harvard, MA)

1) 246 W AP / 276 W NP
2) 21.5 mph
3) 10.4 miles, ~700 feet elevation gain and loss
4) 165 lb
5) circa 2000 trek road bike with clip-on aerobars, nothing fancy for wheels or tires. Giro advantage 2 aero helmet and roka trisuit.
6) small but well-run race with some punchy climbing on the bike leg and a moderately hilly run. 2/29 in the duathlon bike and overall in the duathlon, would have placed 5/173 in the bike leg for the (much larger) sprint tri that ran concurrently. Overcooked this a bit but the following run was OK and time gaps were so large that there's no way different pacing would have either won me the race or lost me second place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Musselman 70.3 - 1,565’ elevation on Garmin with the course change

1) Average watts - 187 ap, 196 np
2) Average speed in MPH - 22 mph
3) Distance - 56
4) Rider weight - 175 lbs 6’4”
5) Describe bike and wheels - 2019 Canyon Speedmax CF SLX, DT Swiss Arc 1400 60mm front, 80mm rear. Conti GP5000 23mm front, 25mm rear, regular tubes
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - been cycling again for about 6 months after a 10 year break. Power meter is a single side Stages that reads ~15-20 w lower than my Computrainer

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oregon 70.3

1. Average Watts: 206 W
2. Average speed: 22.3 mph
3. Distance: 56 miles
4. Rider weight: 137 pounds
5. Bike and Wheels: Cervelo P2, Hed Jet 6+, Pirelli Pzero Velo TT, latex tubes, 85 psi
6. Miscellaneous: 1,270 feet elevation change, cool temps, decent roads, course a little crowded/ tight, but overall a pretty fast course
Last edited by: Changpao: Jul 12, 22 15:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 1) Average watts: 344 average
2) Average speed: Strava 50.4 kph - race results 31.3 mph
3) Distance: Strava 15.97 km - race 10 miles
3b) Tine: Strava 19:02 - race results 19:11 from a standing start with 1 foot down.
4) Rider weight 150ish?
4b) bike weight: 18.48 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2016 shiv TT rim brake frame, 2019 deep shiv TT fork, borrowed PCW Mach 7580 front and Roval 321 rear. PCD 60t 1x with SLF Motion Evo aero system and matching evo BB30 bearings.
6) Misc notes: saw a photog several hundred meters out and thought that was the finish. Sat and stopped pedaling before seeing the finish in the distance. Started pushing again through the line this time. Broke my old course record by nearly a minute.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.
https://strava.app.link/cZaaqqlnCrb
8) Kit: Santini rear zip suit with NoPinz trip socks and POC Tempor helmet.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jul 12, 22 19:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Musselman 70.3 - 495m (1624’) elevation on Garmin with the course change

1) Average watts - 227 ap, 231 np
2) Average speed in MPH - 23.11 mph
3) Distance - 56 miles
4) Rider weight - 160lbs 6’0.5”
5) Describe bike and wheels - 2022 Canyon Speedmax CF7 Disc eTap, Reynolds AR58 front wheel, Ron Aeron X disc wheel, Continental GP 5000 S TR
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Assioma Favero Duo Power meter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Challenge Vansbro, half IM. Flat course, two laps out and back. Slight crosswind side/back going out and side/front going back. Really good conditions.

1) Average watts
205 W (NP 209)
2) Average speed in MPH
36.4 km/h / 22.6 mph
3) Distance
89.12 km / 55.4 mi
4) Rider weight
~79 kg / 174 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels
BMC TM01 disc, DT Swiss ARC 1650 Carbon 62/80mm
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
Bad shape due to reasons. Also, used my Giro Vanquish instead of Aerohead to save my neck (approx. 200g lighter). Probably cost me 15 minutes. At least.
Picture in un-aero position:

Last edited by: StaffanS: Jul 13, 22 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [StaffanS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Challenge Roth 2022

1) 240 W avg, 258 NP
2) 39.9 km/h = 24.8 mph
3) 178 km
4) 75 kg
5) Cervélo PX LTD, Aerocoach Titan front + 23mm GP5000, Aeox disc rear + 25mm GP5000, both with latex tubes, ca 90psi
6) VI higher than anticipated due to adjusting race pace / strategy to competitors
7)

https://besse.info/
https://www.strava.com/athletes/2012033
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jcbesse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those the drag 2 zero extensions (200 dollar ones) and did you need to get anything special with it since px is a monopost system( they mention issues with certain bikes on website so need to pay for additional kit)? How do you like them?( I have p5d so essentially same front but want to change extensions)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lonniecdams [ In reply to ]
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [transgress4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are indeed. Fits straight out of the box on the ex10 (the riser post with tilt adjustments from cervelo, default on the PX). Very happy with them so far.

Not-compatible with ex11 mono-post (default on the P5d), I guess you'd have to find and install an ex10 instead, which sadly adds likely ~500usd to the purchase (happy to hear if there's an easier solution for my girlfriend also...)
Edit: seems like you're right, one could get the adapter kit from D2Z for 162.50gbp instead of a full new riser from cervelo...

Last edited by: jcbesse: Jul 14, 22 22:42
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
I didn't realize that a helmet can make up 15min in a half! I have tested a couple helmets and wish I could find that type of savings, but all helmets are super individual. What do you think the round aero straw sticking up costs? I am not trolling just really interested in the testing that you do? Aerotune? Chung Method? Wind Tunnel?
It can’t (unless the helmet has a jet engine). My estimated time loss was a heavily exaggerated rant about why I was slower than I wanted. The only actual reason for not going faster was that I hadn’t trained properly (and that I don’t have a disc wheel, of course!).

No clue about any aero disadvantage from the straw - probably between zero and insignificant. I also used a rubber band (you can see the blue rubber band around the bta bottle) to keep it from poking me in my throat when in aero position. However, I might poke holes in the rubber band next time (aero dimples) to negate any possible un-aeroness from it.

I suppose the picture was taken at the turn-around point where I was sat up and was drinking (prior to or after the turn).
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jcbesse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually have the ex-10( after 2020 models do), are those the low or hi rise extensions? It looks paired well with the 15 degree tilt built in ex10( assuming that’s your current setting and didn’t add any shims) .
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [transgress4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hi-rise, max tilt (15deg), uncut, and the ergo grips mounted in reverse (pointing up instead of flat).

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 291 AP, 299NP
2) 23.8 mph
3) 24.2 miles
4) 178 lbs
5) Parlee RZ7 road bike, HED Vanquish 6s, Pirelli P Zero Race tubeless, standard race bibs/jersey, bell Z20 Aero
6) posting because this was a heroic effort for me, was the bike leg of a tri that my wife and I did as a relay.

Course profile was super flat, 151 feet of elevation gain/loss

As a mostly mtb and 'cross racer these steady state efforts are not something I do regularly. Will post a photo if I find one.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Country Tri in Oconomowoc, Wi

1) 249 AP/ 258NP
2) 23.6 MPH
3) 56 Miles at 1900' of gain
4) 173 lbs
5) size 56 P5D; zipp 404 front, Yoeleo rear disc; hincapie custom team kit; conti 5000s; kask mistrel helmet

Adding another data point to the thread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - that really looks great. You were a time zone in front of me in Roth :-)!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 276
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.9
3) Distance: 24.8
4) Rider weight: 163 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: SystemSix w/ HED V6 front, V8 rear
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: I was on my road bike with bottles on the downtube and seat tube, plus I had a headlight mounted on top of my handlebars. On the other hand, I'll fess up that I did get a flying start.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position:

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 264
2) Average speed in MPH - 24.4
3) Distance - 56 miles (CdA 70.3)
4) Rider weight - 160 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Felt IA10, Hed jet 9+ and Disc with GP5000 and Silva latex tubes.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Just need to work on my turtling and getting my head lower. Some people with way faster on the same amount of power I did at the same weight.
Last edited by: TriEnduro: Aug 3, 22 12:54
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be really interesting if we include:

8) Tire type/tubes/pressure

With the trends going lower pressures and/or tubeless it would be interesting to see what everyone is running.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriEnduro wrote:
1) Average watts - 264
2) Average speed in MPH - 24.4
3) Distance - 56 miles (CdA 70.3)
4) Rider weight - 160 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Felt IA10, Hed jet 9+ and Disc with GP5000 and Silva latex tubes.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Just need to work on my turtling and getting my head lower. Some people with way faster on the same amount of power I did at the same weight.
Not a quality pic with regard to being clear of your leg position on the bike, but I'm wondering if your sadlle is too low. You have a pretty dramatic drop from your bars to butt on your back, and it LOOKS like your right leg had a good bit of room to extend more if you raised your saddle.

I agree with you, 264 watts should hopefully yield more speed. No offense.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All good. I always felt like I should get a bit more at that wattage. I use to ride extremely high saddle and forward saddle position before. This position was almost a 25 mm down and back with the saddle from before. I feel comfortable with both of them and push the same amount of power in both. This is what it use to look like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average Watts: 255 NP: 256
2) Average speed 25.1 MPH
3) 21 miles, 200ft elevation gain, 49:03
4) 150 lbs
5) Bike: Old Skool original P3SL, no idea how old
Wheels: Front Old Skool H3, Rear generic disc
Tires: GP4k 20mm F/R, 100 PSI w/ latex tubes
Helmet: Grio Aerohead
Kit: Generic Skinsuit
6) Steady pace, botched the couple of corners and turn, wind steady crosswind at 6mph. Convince me my setup works and that I don't need to get a new era bike??
Quote Reply

Prev Next