Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post Pictures of Power Tap
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see pictures of how you installed your Power Tap wiring, I have a Softride and was wondering if anyone else has wired one up. I'd like to do the best job possible so any tricks of the trade are appreciated. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Post Pictures of Power Tap [R1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the Softride have internal cable routing?

That makes for a tough installation.

Try mounting the receiver on top of the frame just by the back wheel and then running the cable up the rear side of the frames wing section.

How you attach the cable is the real problem. As with all things, "Duct Tape" is probably the answer! ; )

P.S there is supposed to be a wireless version of the Powertap appearing later in the year. That should make your life a lot easier.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give me until this evening and I'll post pics. I've been needing to do that for my website anyway.

As far as tricks of the trade...I'd say that clear packing tape will clean up the wiring runs on your Softride's downtube (which model?...if it isn't a Powerwing or Rocket...there are other, better options). If you run it neatly, with patience, it will be cleaner than a 2 or 3 zip tie job that still lets the wires flap and hang. I use black electrical tape to run the wires under the top tube on my Kestrel Talon. You have to look hard to see that there is anything there. And there are no wires hanging or flapping on my downtube either. I ran them the same way on my Specialized E5 road bike frame as well.
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Jan 17, 06 12:29
Quote Reply
Re: Post Pictures of Power Tap [redbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it does have internal routing :( and wouldn't you just know it the new wireless is supposedly not going to be compatible with the current version or be very cost prohibitive to switch over. Still anyone with photos showing your pro wrench tricks is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy at a local bike shop mounted mine on my old softride Power V and he taped it to the left side ofthe tube using electical tape and it looked like hell.
Quote Reply
Re: Post Pictures of Power Tap [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Rocket and thanks in advance for posting the pics.
Quote Reply