Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Position on TT Bike - Please Review
Quote | Reply
First time owning a steeper tt frame. I would appreciate thoughts on the armrest placement, aerobar length, etc. I will clean up the cables and perhaps hack off some of the aerobar upturn when I am closer to certain. Any glaring problems? Thanks. David K

Quote Reply
Re: Position on TT Bike - Please Review [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last years spring tt position.

I then lowered it as far as possible over the season using a 90 degree 150mm quill stem. Then I decided I needed a steeper frame to get lower and flatter.

David K
Last edited by: DavidK: Mar 29, 07 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: Position on TT Bike - Please Review [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's hard to tell (I'm trying to compare the legs that are up on the pedal stroke), but you seem a little compressed in your new position. Try moving forward a tad to to open up your hip angle to that of your last year's spring TT position?

Re: Position on TT Bike - Please Review [chewgl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. I also think I look more compressed.

I used to sit on the nose of my saddle which started about 10cm behind the bb. I moved forward until it was about 6cm behind. Now, I think I am about 3 cm behind the bb.

I did my first hard effort of the year on Saturday at a windy tt and found that I was often on the tip of the saddle. I am contemplating moving the bars forward at the very least.

I have played with saddle height and have found that a lower saddle (1 cm or so) seems to reduce calf cramping in my case.

David K
Last edited by: DavidK: Mar 30, 07 6:46
Quote Reply