Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poll on the side regarding Dubai
Quote | Reply
Generally I like the polls on the side and many of the results are interesting. However, an opinion poll on an issue where no one here really seems to know enough about the facts, the decision making process, etc really does not seem appropriate, fair, or even intelligent. It encourages flaming an incident, on either side of the issue, without knowing the whole story to have an intelligent (well, intelligent for ST at least) debate. Even Herbert's story is lacking facts and he was there! Not knocking Herbert at all - knowing him the additional facts certainly weren't available at the time of the report...it is probably being worked on while he is in flight.

Before a poll we should at least know:
  1. How many total athletes took the wrong turn.
  2. Why did they take the wrong turn - wind blew the sign away, lack of officials, intentional (I know, no report of that), follow the leader, other?
  3. What time difference did the wrong route make....longer, shorter?
  4. What was the real effect of the penalty e.g. were they penalized 4 minutes for a 1 minute course cut?
  5. How was the decision made and who was in on the process
  6. What all did the decision making process consider
  7. Is anyone complaining (other than ST people who have no idea what they are talking about)

Interesting that it doesn't appear the athletes are complaining .... at least I haven't seen it. I was in a race once where the first six (many years ago:-))of us went off course. They adjusted the times and I still place 3rd OA. No one really complained because the adjustment hurt us more time wise than the unintentional detour.

Just my morning thoughts,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply