Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar Cadence
Quote | Reply
It looks friggin fuggly on the bike.

Is there anyway of removing the mechanism and using some other casing? It just looks baaad!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Cadence [Quark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think they look kinda cool mounted like this

http://www.discursive.net/226/IMG/stays.jpg

Thats how I mounted them on my bike, after the mod of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Cadence [altf4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at that, but I can't seem to get a signal to the watch. Even if I have boosted the signal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, my other option was to just strap the watch to my seat post

Kinda defeats the purpose tho...

thankfully the mod worked well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's pretty cool - I never thought to try that. I don't like the way the speed sensor looks when pointing forward on my fork, but due to the "aero" qualities of the fork, it keeps shifting when I point it backwards. Hopefully my frame is small enough such that the transmit range won't be an issue. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...after the mod of course"

Curious as I'm getting ready to install mine...what "mod" did you make? Or are you just referring to the .jpg install method?

Thanks!

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Cadence [Keyser_Soze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inside the sensor, there is a jumper you can set to change it to 'high' power output. It increases the range, but decreases battery life. S series sensors only BTW.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Cadence [Keyser_Soze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to unscrew the bolts, then move the jumper from the right and center contact to the left and center contact. It shortens the battery life though. There's a good link here:

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/...q_speed_cadence.html

I also called Polar when I modded mine. They will do it for you if you send your sensors in. I'm not sure about the cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this mod and it wouldn't work with the sensor on the chainstays. I was a bit surprised because my frame isn't *that* big (53).

The sensor on the downtube was the only was I was ever able to get my Polar cadence to work. It was rock solid (i.e. it never went haywire or gave me false readings). It is a bit ugly, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Cadence [Drinyth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that. It looks terrible on the downtube, I can't believe Polar couldn't come up with something better. Looks like I'm gonna break out the old molding kit and make one that wraps the side of the downtube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you take pictures of this when you're done?

In Reply To:
I second that. It looks terrible on the downtube, I can't believe Polar couldn't come up with something better. Looks like I'm gonna break out the old molding kit and make one that wraps the side of the downtube.

I work here...
http://www.WeKeepYouCycling.com
Quote Reply