Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Podium legs
Quote | Reply
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has tried the podium legs compression pants. If so I wonder how they compare to the normtec MVP that are $5000. Getting older need all the recovery help I can get. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [trainhard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MVP are 7 chamber so they are a little more specific. Podium's are 4 chamber. The compressor on the podiums is smaller and a lot easier to use than the MVP's.
At 1/10 the cost the Podium's do 90% of what the MVP's can. The remote control on the Podiums is also very useful.
I have used MVP's for a period of time and got really close to buying a couple of pairs but could not justify the price they were asking.
We now have 5 pairs of Podium's and everyone who uses them swears by their effect.

http://www.lvsportsperformance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just hoping this might poke you to let you know I've responded to your PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trainhard,

Well, that seemed to get your attention. I should be able to PM you in 2 days otherwise please e-mail me via the addresses in my prior post. I don't want you to think I've forgotten you.

If you PM me with your e-mail than it may be easier for me to e-mail you so that you only have to reply to insure the address is correct. Sorry, but even though it would be easier to just give you my phone #, I'm not going to do that in public view. Another option however is just to leave a Western Union # and an address in a PM and I'll get that shipped right on the spot as I pick up the WU#.

Again my apologies for doing this in the public forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to bump this up as well. I have used the recovery pump as a demo at the Vineman expo and the helped my legs feel much less flat after the day of travel. I then used them after the race and I had much less delayed onset muscle soreness.

The problem with Recovery pump and Normatec is price. Recovery pump is ~1100 dollars and Normatec if ~5000 dollars.

Podium legs sell on their site for ~600 dollars, but there are very few reviews. It looks like some pro cyclists have been using them but I am always skeptical of pro endorsements unless they are not sponsored and endorsing.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Podium Legs! Id say they work as good as Normatec.

Use the code BENNETT at checkout and recieve a discount!
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [AVSfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AVSfan wrote:
I love my Podium Legs! Id say they work as good as Normatec.

Use the code BENNETT at checkout and recieve a discount!

Sweet spam. At least disclose your relationship.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't order but I did tryout the code. It gives you a further $30 discount. Price drops down to $569.

If these are the real deal then these are getting down to a pretty affordable price for all.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [youngfifers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to find anyone that has a set. Hey podium legs give me a pair and I give everyone at slow twitch a real honest answer about your product
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im a professional cyclist sponsored by Podium Legs. Ive used them for 6 months now. I love them to death! Not just saying this due to sponsorship, but Id buy a pair any day.

I use them almost everyday, they are easy to travel with and are very affordable!

Ive used Normatech "space legs" and Id say these feel 99% the same. Only difference being these have less tubes injecting the air. Take that for what its worth. However I feel the benefit is the same.

Also in the long run much cheaper than a $50 massage that I used to be doing at least once a week.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [AVSfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never sampled these things, but what do they do that compression gear doesn't do?

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compression gear just trys pushing blood up the body to the heart. This is to ade recovery. These Podium Legs are essentially a massage, breaking up tight muscles, stimulating blood flow and increasing circulation.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to answer with the caveat that I don't understand the science perfectly. With compression gear they are static compression these sequentially tighten up the leg squeezing the blood back up and edema out of the tissues and then they relax allowing fresh blood to flow into the tissues.

Having tried a competing product and compression gear they are way better than regular compression at flushing the muscles. Supposedly they can also be used to help warm up the muscles before an event by stimulating circulation.

I am not sure that I agree with AVSFan that they break up scar tissue like a deep tissue massage does but they increase circulation and flush the muscles like a light tissue massage does.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys I just purchased the podium legs I will give a report on them later. I have never used any of these compression recovery aids other than the regular compression clothing so I will just report on what I can feel. I hope the podium legs work. I wanted to wait and get the Normtec but I figured I would try the podium legs first because of price to be honest. Anyway I hope to give a good review of them later this week.
Last edited by: trainhard: Jan 23, 12 4:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWESOME DEAL on Podium Legs, I just got mine! I used the code as I saw on this post "BENNETT" and saved even more money! :) Im excited to try these!

Steven Reynolds
USA cycling and USAT certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trainhard wrote:
Hey guys I just purchased the podium legs I will give a report on them later. I have never used any of these compression recovery aids other than the regular compression clothing so I will just report on what I can feel. I hope the podium legs work. I wanted to wait and get the Normtec but I figured I would try the podium legs first because of price to be honest. Anyway I hope to give a good review of them later this week.

I did the same. I ordered a pair to see how well they work. I have used the Recovery Pump and the NormaTec but months ago so I can compare but not head to head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm pretty disappointed there are no images of these podium legs you speak of....

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trainhard wrote:

Any thoughts on them?
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using them all week. Right now I am using them before I go to bed and I wake up feeling pretty good. It feels awesome when the air releases from the podium legs. It's almost like you can feel the blood flowing. Like I said I don't have anything to compare them to but I think their worth every penny so far. They seem to be made with good material I will use every night for a month to see if I have any problems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trainhard wrote:
I have been using them all week. Right now I am using them before I go to bed and I wake up feeling pretty good. It feels awesome when the air releases from the podium legs. It's almost like you can feel the blood flowing. Like I said I don't have anything to compare them to but I think their worth every penny so far. They seem to be made with good material I will use every night for a month to see if I have any problems

Is that a fart joke?

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My buddy rides for Kenda 5 hour pro cycling team. They are a sponsor and he swears by them. He can sell them at a discount and gets a bit of cash flow to supplement his shit pay. $450 at the discounted price. Pm me and I'll get you connected to get the discount. I just got a set and love them! Granted no direct comparison, but way cheaper and seem to work great!
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much better podium legs
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [Chocolate Elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chocolate Elvis - I don't seem to be able to PM you, probably because I'm new here, but I am interested in getting a deal on some Podium Legs and helping your friend out! Maybe you can PM me with some info?
Quote Reply
Re: Podium legs [silisonic2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used these for a while and find any results?
Quote Reply

Prev Next