Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike
Quote | Reply
The more i read on them ( plus fitting in my budget ) the closer i am to buying one. Please be so kind to post a pic of your Planet - X bike.

How many colors do the 07' come in ?

Thank you !

jp
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [JPatrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a few threads in here, with those bikes. Try searching.

Good luck

---------------------------------------------
//FRISK

Save a bike - ride a triathlete

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JPatrick,
I have the pink frame....I love it! I posted a pic below for you. It was still mid-build here (see the steer tube)...but you get the idea. I took off the white saddle too...we were just playing around. It has been on my computrainer for months now due to our lovely weather.

Peter at Zedsport (US distributor for Planet X) said he is getting white and blue frames next week....Planet X will do these colors for a bit and then stop (like they did w/ the pink) and pick 2 new colors for their next lot.

I have the pink TT frame (stealth) and will be getting their Superlight (baby blue) road frame next week.

Good luck!

[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [JJTwins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great....for some reason I do not mind the pink.....what is the crankset that you are using?....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The crankset is a Planet X with DA 10 spd rings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who makes a PX crankset.....I do not see it on their site....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here 'ya go! Thread from 2 days ago as well.

Quote | Reply
How steep can you get the effective STA to? If I remember, the stock STA is 76 degrees (please correct me if I am wrong).

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you !

Bike looks nice. Is this the 07' ? What size is that - and what are your measurements please.
Can someone please tell me the difference between the 06's and 07's ?

So to date they have white, black - carbon - look , blue and pink. No solid black - painted ?
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [Frisk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That i did - and only found a few.

Thank you for the heads up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pink bike is way different that the nude carbon one.......different models????

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are two different frames. I don't think the pink one on top is a Stealth Pro Carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [Team Schwinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The neutral seat angle is 76 degrees. Rough idea is every 2 cm forward on the seat rail gives you another degree.
Hope that helps a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [cyclistmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not se that one on the site....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, my bike is the 07. To clarify this is the Stealth TT NOT the Stealth Pro Carbon. This is an XS frame...I believe the effective top tube is a 51cm. I am 5'7" and a girl....nothing unusual about my build. I usually ride a 52cm (my past Stealth was 52cm)....and I thought this may be too small, but it is great. This is not a stock color...it is a custom pink painted one...but Planet X still (I think) has some pink Carbon Pros. Stock color in mine is anodized black.

So, yes...they have black, blue, white and pink for 2007. Nope, no solid black painted (as you asked), just clearcoat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do have new colors arriving stateside at Zedsport. Saw a nice bold blue painted Stealth Pro Carbon. They are definitely adding colors in '07. Might want to call Zesport (U.S. distributor for Planet X) and ask for Peter. Them lovely Brits are very helpful :-) Personally, I love the carbon weave black - looks MUCH nicer up close and personal (as does the Pink - just not for me).

Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rroof,
what kind of aerobars are those....Hed or planet-x? How do you like them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine....stealth pro carbon built with PX disc and carbon 50 wheels, PX cranks and 10spd DA group.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to add another black stealth to the mix:

The bike (and wheels) was purchased in the UK for less than 2000 pounds sterling. To put this in context, a P3C setup with the equvalant Zipps would cost over 4000 pounds. Is the bike slower than the P3C? - Probably. Is the bike 2000 pounds slower? - Definitely not! But having said that, if I had all the money in the world then a P3C it would be.
Last edited by: IShaggy: Mar 3, 07 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]rroof,
what kind of aerobars are those....Hed or planet-x? How do you like them?[/reply]
All the photos you see are of the Planet X aerobars. I'm not sure yet how I like them. They are very adjustable, light, and very stiff (in both design and feel). The extensions are a VERY shallow S bend though and I don't have enough time on them yet (and my previous cockpit was also an S-bend profile T2+). Appear to be very aero (frontal profile)

Quote | Reply
Here's mine with renn madeira disc and 404 front. Bar tape is a bit off with the black and white, may decide to switch to red along with a set of red vittoria corsa cx's.

[/img]

[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! But what is with that cable routing!!! Rear brake is WAY too long and on the wrong side, no?

Quote | Reply
Rod-

Sweet bike man ! How do you like that stem ? Not too heavy ? I was thinking of getting one.

Please tell me you still belong to the Mafia , and this is just a Spring Fling ; )

Best !

SF

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Please post a pic of your Planet - X Bike [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes - I'm "double dipping"

Still on the Cervelo Soloist Carbon for road racing (first race tomorrow - ouch), but now looking for a great season under Planet X Team Tyros!

I can belong to 2 mafia groups, right? ;-) Cervelo is like the big 800 lb Gorilla Italian mafia and Planet X like the IRA ;)

Quote | Reply
those are the Tektro (Oval Concepts) aero brake calipers. They have atypical routing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next