Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Platform Pedals for Duathlon
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for pedals (not adapters for "clipless" pedals, such as Pyro Platforms) that I can use to ride my bike with my racing flats in formula one duathlons. I've heard about several product names, something like Power Pedals, PedalPower, etc, but I cannot find them for sale. They would be something like toe clips on steroids, but with a large stiff platform to support the bottom of the running shoe and some means of securing the shoe.

Did a formula duathlon (RunBikeRunBikeRun) this past weekend and my transitions sucked. To make matters worse it was raining most of the race. Even though I did flying mounts and dismounts on the bike, I had to put running shoes on wet feet covered with grit and sand. I lost in the bike to run transitions.
Quote Reply
Re: Platform Pedals for Duathlon [Forward Bias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
POWER GRIPS
http://www.jensonusa.com/...sc=BBBSEARCH&x=y

Last edited by: BMAN: Oct 1, 08 13:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why no love for the Pyro Platforms? You can still do flying mounts/dismounts.
Quote Reply
Re: Platform Pedals for Duathlon [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 in regards to the Pyro Platforms. Had a friend that did Duathlons for years that swore by these and said they were the best investment he had made when doing Duathlons.

But we digress since the OP does not want to use them.
Quote Reply
Re: Platform Pedals for Duathlon [BMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Pyro's and found I have a tough time getting them to tighten up easily.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Platform Pedals for Duathlon [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried the Pyro adapters, maybe 8-10 years, ago and put them in the closet. They don't look as stiff as these other platforms look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thompson Platform pedals may have been a little more functional that Pyro
Quote Reply