Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Plantar fasciitis update...
Quote | Reply
I don't have it. There was some rather attention getting heel pain going on. I went back to conventional running shoes, ramped back the mileage for two weeks, iced, stretched, massaged, rode a lot and ramped the mileage back up.

Fixed.

I hope.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions, resources and words of encouragement. I sincerely appreciate them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar fasciitis update... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, what are you going to do with the Newtons?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with the low level laser therapy outlined in this months Running magazine (Ryan Hall on the cover). I am very curious to see if this is a solid treatment or witch doctor medicine
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar fasciitis update... [mhemberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry...no experience with the laser but getting some good results with a PT using Astym....the protocol is a bit painful but seems to be helping me get over a pretty nasty case of PF. Also, you can run during treatment.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar fasciitis update... [Soulmining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got ASTYM on the achilles. Fun, isn't it?

Re: Plantar fasciitis update... [mhemberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing new. Portable low level laser units have been around for years. The newer units probably have a few more bells and whistles on them, but they're likely not that much different. I got my first 15 yrs ago and used to stimulate accupuncture points and also used them on sports injuries such as plantar fasciitis. Once it broke I never got around to replacing it.

They worked as well as anything else. Seemed to help lots of patients but others didn't respond as well. You can say the same thing about any other of the many therapies I learned/tried over 25 yrs of chiro practice. What works great for one patient may not be the same for the next one.

It's all witch doctor medicine. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar fasciitis update... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To:
So, what are you going to do with the Newtons?

Dave
Take a big,huge, giagantic, satisfying dump in them.....then use them for yardwork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, that's good news to hear, I scanned your post of a couple days ago regarding all the good training you were seeing around you for an update but found none. I'm glad that you are back on course for your IM in fine fettle.

Go to it.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply