Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planet X Wheels
Quote | Reply
I am looking at getting a set of 82mm Planet X wheels.

Can anybody provide feedback on the wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [triath0607] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great wheels....and cheap also!!! a lot of them will be in use this weekend in arizona.... same quality as the top wheels without the price...very simple

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [triath0607] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 101's are top shelf.......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Last edited by: Bladed: Apr 12, 07 17:39
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll pull...

Just like your wife?

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she is as mean as a snake....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a sponsored rider, so you can consider this biased if you want. The wheels are really very good. I have been quite impressed with the quality of all the PX stuff. I would not come on here and say good things if the stuff didn't deserve it. From a sponsorship perspective PX was not my only option. I went with them because I believe in the equipment. Would not have given up my Zipp wheels to go slower.

Ric
Last edited by: ttracer: Apr 12, 07 18:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, they look just like Blackwell's only 1mm deeper!
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [tricrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A question for you guys who have ridden zipps in the past, i noticed that the planet x wheels are heavier on paper, how do they compare on the road?

thanks

glenn
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [glenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on 808's.......the PX wheels may be a little heavier but do not feel slower to me. They do however feel more durable or I should say sturdy......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that! thinking about a pair of 606's but can get an 101/82 combo much cheaper here in the UK so trying to decide!

glenn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I've seen that picture about 15 times in the passed two months

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You like it so much......you keep going back to look........right?....lol......Relax Jon......add a few more spacers..

Last edited by: Bladed: Apr 13, 07 11:03
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [tricrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow, they look just like Blackwell's only 1mm deeper!

[big stretch] Yaaaaaaaawwwwn [/big stretch]

Would be a pretty inflammatory statement if it hadn't been done to death before on this very forum

Good quality kit, but more important (in my opinion) is the level and type of service. Personally I prefer to deal with people that not only know their stuff but have a stake in the business and go out of their way to develop the grassroots of the sport (Mr DeSoto, for example, or even Blackwell for that matter). For me, buying a set of Zipps from a retailer just doesn't get me so excited.

I am not sponsored but might have some space on my jersey if PX are interested ;-)

(So long as they don't mind seeing their logo covered in snot and tears half way down the field)
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
great wheels....and cheap also!!!
Out of curiosity...what kind of price are we looking at for these wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont know.... i have a 82/101 combo for the weekend and i m not sure of the price but someone should be able to give me info. As for feeling a few 100g different in a wheelset... well, i been starving myself for 3 months now to get to race weight... i think it s PURELY silly to talk about feeling a difference in 2 high end set like this for weight matter..... I know the zipp 808 are a bit lighter but it s all in your head if you feel a difference... they are fast wheels and make a cool noise!!

when talking about wheels...let s look at quality, stiffness, comfort

but when talking about weight.... lets focus on nutrition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"great wheels....and cheap also!!! a lot of them will be in use this weekend in arizona.... same quality as the top wheels without the price...very simple "

"how much are they?"

"I don't know...."

Classic Jonnyo!
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude....look on planet x website.... A LOT CHEAPER THAN ZIPP... i didnt want to give a price that isnt exactly right... but i know the ballpark of it...go make the research now

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A set of 82s in the US run about $1245, 82/101 run about $1435. I say about because each set is hand built and there are different spoke, hub options. Those are the basic prices.

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X Wheels [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you happen to know if the shape of the rim is just a 'V' shape? If I'm not mistaken, it couldn't be parabolic as I believe only Hed and Zipp hold patents on that shape. And does the finish have the 'Angel Hair' appearance of the Blackwells? Hopefully it's a bit more subtle. Thanks.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply