Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planet X 50mm Wheels
Quote | Reply
Anyone ride on Planet X Wheels? How do they ride? Do they stay true? Are the spoke nipples recessed or exposed? Thinking of getting a set of 50mm's. Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe some pics of them on their rides?
Thanks
Last edited by: trichef: May 15, 07 17:39
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X 50mm Wheels [trichef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a look on the Tri talk forum (uk website) the brits love them - but prolly only because of the rediculous price of USA wheels there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they are great wheels... i have a set, nice rim with sapin cx ray spoke and nice hubs. I havent had any problem with them so far and they are very straight and true. If you are looking for a nice set that can be use for TT or road race, they are a very nice option. I m about 150lbs when heavy and they are perfect for me.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell me how to upload a photo onto this site, and i'll post a pic of mine - 50 front, 82 rear. About a month old, on a PX Stealth Carbon, so just getting used to them (first time on tubulars) and they are pretty darn good :-)

---------------------------------
An Englishman Abroad in Asia
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X 50mm Wheels [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are the nips recessed or exposed? can you true the wheel w/o taking the tyre off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also, it looks like the edge has a somewhat sanded braking surface, is this true? I have also read that you will need somewhat narrower tubes, any issues running specific tires?
Quote Reply