60/90 or 64/77?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Which version are the flo's?
60/90 or 64/77?
64/77 AS

Very happy with them. Just the one time trial with them so far but they definitely roll good.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P5-6 with Profile Design 58/TwentyFour carbon rims. This baby is actually for sale in the forum right now if anyone is interested.

CG
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What app are you all using to post photos? Thanks!

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
What app are you all using to post photos? Thanks!

I think this is the best method, which is why I made a video on how to do it.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 17, 21 19:09
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [CeeGee90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeeGee90 wrote:
Cervelo P5-6 with Profile Design 58/TwentyFour carbon rims. This baby is actually for sale in the forum right now if anyone is interested.

That’s not Lake Ontario by any chance is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Finally it's built up again, finished her yesterday evening so decided to wait until today to get some pictures outside in day light.

The color is Lamborghini Grigio Estoque, Trek logo and top tube are raw carbon with bright orange details. Really happy with how it turned out. Turns really dark when not in the sun light and really bright when the light hits it, almost silver.

Excuse the lack of pedals and the flat rear tire, the pump didn't fit with the disc cover on 😬

That's a great paint job! Looks great. You gotta get a rear disc though, it ruins the amazing look! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just looked at all the bikes on here (View all). Great pics. Funny though, for all the fussing about getting a bike with Disc brakes, I only saw 20ish bikes out of over 500 posts with disc brakes.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing look, just a shame that you didn’t do the bar in the same colour. That would have finished it completely at a perfect level.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bravo!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Finally it's built up again, finished her yesterday evening so decided to wait until today to get some pictures outside in day light.

The color is Lamborghini Grigio Estoque, Trek logo and top tube are raw carbon with bright orange details. Really happy with how it turned out. Turns really dark when not in the sun light and really bright when the light hits it, almost silver.

Excuse the lack of pedals and the flat rear tire, the pump didn't fit with the disc cover on 😬

This is slickly sick! What wheel cover is that or is it home-made?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:

That's a great paint job! Looks great. You gotta get a rear disc though, it ruins the amazing look! :)

Thanks! I've been on the lookout for one but here in Belgium/the Netherlands, most of the disc wheels that are for sale 2nd hand are tubulars which I really don't want. So when a clincher/tubeless one crosses my path for the right price, I'll definitely consider it.

TRIPRO wrote:
Amazing look, just a shame that you didn’t do the bar in the same colour. That would have finished it completely at a perfect level.

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen! I really like how it turned out too. I was doubting about doing the base bar in the same color, but then the extensions and seatpost would've been a different darker shade anyway so I don't mind that those 3 are now a different and darker shade.

Porfirio wrote:

This is slickly sick! What wheel cover is that or is it home-made?

Thanks! It's the EZ Disc, I bought it from a guy from the UK. He has his own website but also sells on Ebay. I had to trim it to a smaller diameter to make it sit flush with my Flo 90 rear wheel but other than that, the quality seems really good and it doesn't interfere with the Bluetooth sensor in the chainstay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an old Cervelo P3C for almost nothing because it had a broken fork dropout (car roof rack mounting incident by previous owner). Turns out I had a spare fork in my garage.. don't ask me why.
I wanted to try something new and paint a bike. So I spent about 40 hours sanding, then proceeded to the paint job. Probably not perfect compared to professional jobs but I'm happy with the result. The pics really don't do justice to the head turning effect of the glitter paint.
My 1x di2 group is probably quite unconventional, I didn't want to spend too much so I took the battery and XT derailleur from my gravel bike, and made a TT shifter out of an old ultegra 6670 road shifter + rocker button. For shifting from the brakes I found that a shimano steps shifter was way cheaper than shimano di2 brake levers.
I still need to trim the monopost of the alpha one after my position is adjusted.

Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh wow that thing is the tits!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome, the frankenbike diy story and the result....amazing!

(google 'golden hour' to get perfect photos to match)
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx for your comments.
I just took the pics this morning after finishing the bar tape, it was more the "between showers hour" than golden hour :'D I'll try to get better pics when the sun will be back for good, which might need some patience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:

Simply stunning paint work.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jan 24, 21 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it. Great job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You keeping her?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
You keeping her?

Have two of them; one sold keeping other one till I find a new TT bike then other will be sold..... or you mean the car :-)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been working on putting together a Tri bike for a number of months and my thinking has benefitted from many useful messages here on ST. I just picked up the bike and have ridden it a few times and thought that I would share some pics with everyone.

Before doin so however, I should say that the hands on work was carried out by a bunch of hugely knowledgable and talented people, including: Jordan Low at Hot Tubes (https://www.hottubes.com) who does amazing things with paint and Jenn Green at Revolution Cycle (https://www.headbadges.com/...atured_Products.html). She took a vague idea of mine and turned it in to a custom head tube badge that also appeared in Jordan's paint artistry. Huge, huge thanks to Ivan O'Gorman and Chris Soden at IOG Fit Studios (http://www.ivanogorman.com). These guys were hands on for the entire process, helping with selection of the components, getting all of the pieces together and of course making it fit just perfectly. And then there is Zach at Boulder Grupetto (https://www.bouldergrupetto.com/about) who is the master mechanic that took all of the pieces and made them into the bike that you see below. It is so clean, so aero and oh so fast.

Brief details are:
  • Cervelo P5 Disc with EX10 Speed Riser
  • Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 extensions
  • ENVE SES 7.8 wheels with Chris King R45D ceramic bearing hubs
  • Robert Axle Project thru bolts
  • SRAM Red AXS 1x (48T) with Quark power meter
  • CeramicSpeed bottom bracket
  • SRAM Red eTap AXS rear derailleur (10-33)
  • CeramicSpeed OSPW
  • Speedplay Zero Aero pedals
  • SRAM S-900 HRD brakes
  • SRAM CenterLine XR rotors (140mm)
  • ism PN3.0 saddle

And without further ado, here are a few pics...

Quote Reply

Prev Next