Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015
Quote | Reply
I had a very late swim wave at IMSG 70.3 this year, so I had a chance to snap some shots of the pros leaving out on the bike. This is such a great race, if you haven't done it yet, put it on your calendar!!!

Jon Bird

Todd Skipworth

Brent McMahon

Ben Collins

Kevin Collington being overtaken by Tim Don

Everet Scheltinga

Andreas Realert

Mauricio Cruz Mendez

Brandon Rakita

Tim Reed

Kevin Everett

Andrew Yoder

Leon Griffin

Tyler Butterfield

Taylor Reid

Maik Twelsiek

Kyle Buckingham

Trevor Wurtele

Ben Hoffman

Luke Mckenzie

Nicholas Chase

Victor Del Corral

Damon Barnett

Annabel Luxford

Meredith Kessler

Jodie Swallow

Alicia Kaye

Svenja Bazlen

Rinny

Heather Wurtele

Rachel Joyce

Melanie Mcquaid

Linsey Corbin

Last edited by: jbflyfisher: May 4, 15 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [jbflyfisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twelsiek's Dimond is sick!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it looked really cool in transition. Saw several of them throughout the day. I was also intrigued by the number of Enve wheels on the pro bikes. They seem to have really made some progress with their athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They definitely have one of the top stables in triathlon!

By the way thanks for posting the pics! You had a great position and got some great shots.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, it was fun to see them all come by. I guess that was the one advantage to the late swim start! I was also surprised to see how many near accidents there were while the pros were trying to get their shoes on. Saw several of them almost hit the fence!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Envie is a Utah company. Not surprising that they had a strong showing in St. George.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found everyone's BTA choices interesting. Some are using the XLAB Torpedo and I saw 1 TorHans Aero Z but most are using a water bottle

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: May 4, 15 19:42
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was noticing that as well. Barnett looks like he has the Aero Z. Del Corral only seems to have one bottle on his frame. Nothing BTA and nothing behind the saddle. With as hot as it was I wonder if i missed something there. I ran the new Profile Design FC 25 in black with mixed results. It was really splash resistant and easy to refill on the go. The bento thing was utterly useless though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the bento part of the FC25/35 is interesting. I feel like it's just trying to do too much

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why so few discs? Aren't they supposed to always be faster?
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some sponsors may not want them using a disc they didn't make. Some people believe myths about discs and may decide not to use it

Last edited by: BryanD: May 4, 15 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just posed some pics of my setup on on another thread about the FC. Here is one:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMSG also has a nasty reputation for unexpected wind gusts. I raced the full in 2012 and even my 606 combo under 160lb's was pretty freaky. I live in Utah and have put a lot of miles in on the St. George course. I personally wouldn't run a disc, just on the off chance the wind picked up. My bike handling skills are mediocre at best, but I would tell normal folks to think twice about it on this course. Some will say the amount of climbing would make a disc not worth it, but there is enough flat to downhill I think it would give an advantage there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great pictures, thanks for sharing!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was this a double iron? Some of those guys are carrying enough liquids to drown a camel!!

Don't they read slowtwitch?

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that ugly color scheme that scott has thrust upon us doesn't catch on
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
great pictures, thanks for sharing!

+1

Yes, Thanks for the great photos!
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [enovate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better than the industry standard red, white and black...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you guys know if Ben Hoffman is wearing the new Zoot Aero suit. Curious, only because I recently bought one and would love to see some pros using it. For some reason, it would make me feel better about my decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great pictures, Wurtele must be a full foot taller than Rinny!

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics. I didn't realize the men's field was that stacked with many of the big names not making the top ten. Impressive.
Just to follow up on your post about discs in wind, BrianD mentioned it earlier in the thread but it is a myth that discs are hard to handle in the wind. Give this a read: http://www.fiftyonespeedshop.com/...D5-87AD-95FF648C9D81

Quote | Reply
What's up with all of the non-aero bottles on the down & seat tubes? Is it not that big of a deal? Or is it just not practical to use aero bottles on long course because you need to utilize what the aid stations have?

ST has me paranoid about anything that's remotely not aero, so I have a hard time seeing these pros doing that!
Last edited by: jet black: May 5, 15 7:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you take a closer look you'll notice a lot of the field has shallower front wheels than usual too. I assume this means the course has a reputation for being windy or gusty as other have already confirmed. Looks like it was a great perspective to have on the race. I'm asking for late swim waves from now on!!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an increase in drag but it's offset by being able to use standard bottles at aid stations. That's why I love using my XLAB torpedo BTA bottle. I can swap it out for a standard bottle at any time.

Quote Reply
Re: Photos of Pros leaving T1 at IMSG 2015 [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure that it is truly just paranoia on my part as to not wanting a disc for St. George. However, when i felt what the wind did to me 2012 at 50 mph on the descent back to St. George it convinced me that disc on that course wasn't for me! I think this year a disc would have been fine on my bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next