Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Phelps at Pan Pacs
Quote | Reply
Phelps just inked a deal with Aquasphere, correct? Notice anything?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arena swimshorts?

Quote | Reply
yep....

Aquasphere needs to beef up their logo removal department ;-)

Triathletes would love those Arena's though. Ridiculously expensive and made of carbon fibre.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 22, 14 18:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty nice swims in the 800 relay from Michael and Ryan. Certainly they were not the favorites going in, but something about that relay and the US, they have a hard time losing it, even when it looks like they should get 3rd. Host australia choked bad and japan is swimming really strong. I have only seen the times, but must have been a barn burning last leg between the US and Japan, with just a touch at the end.

So as i suspected, he will swim the relays along with the 100 free and fly. Still not sure if they will slot him in either or both the 200 frees and flys for the really big meets. His swim on the relay shows he can still swim a smoking 200 free, just needs that couple extra seconds that the next year should bring to have a shot at gold there again. And how about the 100 fly prelims, talk about country dominance. We could actually sweep it, not likely, but top 4 all from USA, and you know that Ryan and Michael left some in the tank for later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Phelps just inked a deal with Aquasphere, correct? Notice anything?

Missed what you were talking about, but goddamn I'd pay a lot of money to be in that shape.

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I understand, Aquasphere is still working on it's suit line, and Arena is the National team sponsor. Even blacked out, I would still be able to tell those were Arena...I call them the graph paper suit due to the visible grid in the suit, no other manufacturer does that.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have become a huge fan of aquasphere goggles after wearing swedes since I was a really little kid. The optics are outstanding & the gaskets are great. I have the 180's & love em.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [CobraKai Triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to pay money, just swim for 6 hours a day, then when you're done your daily laps, hit the gym for some dry land training!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but we got you in the 4 x100 free. Mens & womens. Some good swimming to watch - Katie Ledecky set a 400m free WR tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Aussies "should" have done better, but if sounds like mcevoy was still feeling the after effects of his 100 free. His 200 was 2 secs slower than his individual swim. The Aussies dominated there. That, and I think phelps and esp lochte managed to find a bit extra.

It was funny watching rowdys commentary in the 100. Pre race he said mcevoy had no chance, forgetting that he took down magnussen at commonwealths, and that Adrian hasn't really posted any super fast times yet this year.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 23, 14 5:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Pretty nice swims in the 800 relay from Michael and Ryan. Certainly they were not the favorites going in, but something about that relay and the US, they have a hard time losing it, even when it looks like they should get 3rd. Host australia choked bad and japan is swimming really strong. I have only seen the times, but must have been a barn burning last leg between the US and Japan, with just a touch at the end.

So as i suspected, he will swim the relays along with the 100 free and fly. Still not sure if they will slot him in either or both the 200 frees and flys for the really big meets. His swim on the relay shows he can still swim a smoking 200 free, just needs that couple extra seconds that the next year should bring to have a shot at gold there again. And how about the 100 fly prelims, talk about country dominance. We could actually sweep it, not likely, but top 4 all from USA, and you know that Ryan and Michael left some in the tank for later.

Only 2 per country allowed in the A final, so can only get top 2. But yeah, the us is showing the same dominance in fly that they've been showing in backstroke. I do love how japan is becoming a force to be reckoned with in more and more events.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was funny watching rowdys commentary in the 100.

Did he talk about how you can only see people on the side you breath on? That gets really really old.

Where are you watching the coverage?

Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was either on swimswam or swimmingworld, I forget which. They have some clips of various races, but I don't think they have complete coverage.

I'm pretty sure there is a "Rowdy Gaines" drinking game out there somewhere.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 2 coverage http://swimswam.com/...cific-championships/

I don't see Day 1 coverage anywhere, and Day 3 wouldn't be ready yet.

and the mens 1500 in 85 seconds...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 23, 14 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Day 2 coverage http://swimswam.com/...cific-championships/

I don't see Day 1 coverage anywhere, and Day 3 wouldn't be ready yet.

and the mens 1500 in 85 seconds...

Have you read anything about why Sun Yang isn't swimming??? Don't the Pan Pacs include China???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do include China, but I believe Yang is targeting the Asian Games next month. Although, so is Park Tae Hwan who just destroyed everyone in the 400 free, I have to think that Park isn't fully tapered yet, since the Asian Games are in Korea this year. Marine Boy has to represent for his home crowd.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 23, 14 8:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
They do include China, but I believe Yang is targeting the Asian Games next month. Although, so is Park Tae Hwan who just destroyed everyone in the 400 free, I have to think that Park isn't fully tapered yet, since the Asian Games are in Korea this year. Marine Boy has to represent for his home crowd.

Ah, i see, hadn't thought about the Asian Games.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
No need to pay money, just swim for 6 hours a day, then when you're done your daily laps, hit the gym for some dry land training!

That's all?

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
yep....
Triathletes would love those Arena's though. Ridiculously expensive and made of carbon fibre.

1% carbon fiber. An idiot with a lot of money's dream.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [CobraKai Triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CobraKai Triguy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

That's all?

Well, do that and pick better parents.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [chris948] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chris948 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
yep....

I saw a few pairs of Arenas while I was at FINA Masters Worlds earlier this month. My wife commented that she liked them because they come in a bunch of colours other than black. I told her the price. She then said that the black looks really good on me, and a $160 tech suit is a pretty good deal :-)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
chris948 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
yep....

I saw a few pairs of Arenas while I was at FINA Masters Worlds earlier this month. My wife commented that she liked them because they come in a bunch of colours other than black. I told her the price. She then said that the black looks really good on me, and a $160 tech suit is a pretty good deal :-)

At my kids' summer, rec league conference meet there were tons of those Arena suits. Not sure if they were the $120 (for womens) version or the $475 version, but I thought that was pretty nuts to buy those for kids who are spending 3 months of the year swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps at Pan Pacs [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately parents around here don't seem to have started the arms race, at least not for summer league swimming. My daughter just did her first season of summer swimming, and pretty much everyone was in their team issue jammers for the boys and conventional suits for the girls.

I wouldn't get one for my daughter anyway, even if she wanted it. Mostly because of cost, and also because she already complains when her suit is too tight. I can't imagine her trying to squeeze into a tech suit.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 23, 14 13:11
Quote Reply

Prev Next