Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peter Reid's Kona predictions...interesting.
Quote | Reply
This is the guy that knows Kona better than anyone else? Reid is quite a visionary. Now that the race is over, it's funny to see his pre-race comments:

About Macca:

"The cockiness is gone" HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA! That Peter Reid - he's a funny guy!

About Stadler:

"he'll be a top-five guy this year, but he'll never be on top again because he's a marked guy"

"I don't want to say flash in the pan because Thomas was always a factor, but if Stadler has a great race this year he might place fifth."

"He can't run"

About Rutger Beke: (4th place male)

"Rutger will need some of the stars to align. He'll need things to fall into place to favor his style of racing."

About Michelle Jones:

"I think she's going to be in shock at how hard it is."

About Bowden:

"A person a lot of people have written off is Lori [Bowden]. Lori's not afraid to go into that world [of suffering]. She knows the work that needs to be done, and she'll do it."

About Lisa Bentley:

"She'll be a top five, but she won't crack top three. She just goes hard all year round, and you need a super-human performance to win Kona.

"My top two are definitely Natascha and Lori. Michellie is up there is it's an easy day."
Last edited by: GearGrinder: Oct 27, 06 20:51
Quote Reply
Re: How well does Peter Reid really understand Kona? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimfan, is that you?
Quote Reply
Re: How well does Peter Reid really understand Kona? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I must admit these are rather swimfanesque posts. But sorry, you won't find any "fattie" posts from me. It's just that in retrospect, I find Peter Reid Kona predictions very interesting, especially his lack of support for his teammates (Stadler, Bentley).
Quote Reply