Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Personal Training Certification
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend is being transferred to south america this summer and it is highly unlikely that i will be able to obtain a "real" work visa.

My first option is to be a kept man and do nothing but train but then i would lose my excuse for not being able to finish better than the top 30%.

My second option is to become a personal trainer. I could PT within the ex-pat community and control my schedule so that I will still be able to train. I have been unable to uncover any laws/regulations concerning PT in venezuela.

Any one on this board a certified PT? I am looking for a certification where I will actually learn to be a PT rather than just get a piece of paper that certifies that I have taken a course.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Personal Training Certification [Barrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there was a whole discussion on this just this past week. Use the search posts button on the top mast to find it. If you have no experience and/or degree I'd suggest hitting the books right away. Basic physiology, weight training techniques, principles of exercise. Good luck

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Personal Training Certification [Barrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been working as a Trainer for many years. The certifications that I consider to be the best, and we looked for when I was manager of a fitness facility: (in no particular order)

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) www.nasm.org

National Strength and Conditioning Association www.nsca-lift.org

American College of Sports Medicine www.acsm.org

Any one of these will give you the background that you need to get started. Also remember that business skills are critical. I suggest checking out Phil Kaplans website www.thefitnesstruth.com to get some ideas.

KR
Quote Reply