Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pelvis comes out of aligment constantly
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience with their pelvis constantly coming out of alignment (hip higher on one side). I am seeing a physio and working on some long term hip tightness issues, I dont have a one leg longer then the other. I'm able to reset it in less then 10 seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvis comes out of aligment constantly [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but it takes a trip to the physical therapist to fix a disc in my back. One thing gets out of alignment and I fall apart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still happens occasionally, but 2-3 pilates sessions a week for 5 years made it 'occasional from 'normal'. And when it is out it's as a result of something else being injured or 'grumbly'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be weak adductor muscles. Biking and running strengthen three sides of the hip/leg muscle group... nothing for the adductors. The muscle tension is supposed to offset and hold the pelvis/hips in place. Relatively weak adductors can allow the over-developed muscles to pull things out.

I had that problem back in my 20's. Leg squeezers helped immensely!

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvis comes out of aligment constantly [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toj wrote:
Could be weak adductor muscles. Biking and running strengthen three sides of the hip/leg muscle group... nothing for the adductors. The muscle tension is supposed to offset and hold the pelvis/hips in place. Relatively weak adductors can allow the over-developed muscles to pull things out.

I had that problem back in my 20's. Leg squeezers helped immensely!

Ray

I’ve been dealing with a twisted pelvis for a very long time and am finally working with a PT who has gone hard at the adductors- seems to be helping quite a bit.

Also, to echo the others - ensure it’s actually your hips and not a weak ankle/foot/shoulder that’s working its way down or up.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wrong shoes caused that for me. Saucony Endorphin Pro 2. It never happened again after I switched to a different pair of shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you likely need more work with the PT to figure out why this is happening.

Two possibilities
1. Weak hip stabilizers (glute medius, piriformis, TFL, etc.) that are transferring excess load / allowing excessive hip drop.
2. Laxity in the SI (sacroilliac) joint where the hips meet the base of the your spine. Something like prolo injections may help provide more support.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw my unit trainer when I was in the Army years ago from chronic back pain and spasms near my right shoulder blade.
Figured it was wear and tear from jumping, body armor, mission kit, and stuff like that.
She noticed I had an imbalanced pelvis causing a slight left shoulder drop, curve in back, right knee rotating inwards and slight right arch drop.
She gave me some band work, SI joint exercises, and a floor routine One of the best ones to help was anchoring a band and putting it around my knee in a position to where the force I resist is preventing my knee from going inward. In short right knee for example, the anchor point is on the left even with the knee. I do that during squats for both simultaneously now.
Now, 17yrs later mostly pain free, MRI shows spine is straighter than it was, I do have some light degenerative lower discs but all much more manageable.
It's something to check out.
It even helped my Achilles tendonitis which was probably the leg imbalance caused by my rotated pelvis.
Last edited by: mike s: Apr 9, 24 10:57
Quote Reply