Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedal suggestions
Quote | Reply
I just ordered my first bike, QR Tequilo, and am looking for some pedal suggestions.

Most thrilling chilled
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal suggestions [osageorange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest Speedplay.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use shimano pedals on my road bikes. I have dura ace on my road bike and ultegra on my tri bike. I would suggest going with the ultegra. They are practically the same pedal, but just a little heavier and quite a bit less expensive.

Jeff

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of Time RXS carbons. That said, I recently put Crank Brothers egg beaters on my mountain bike and they are unbelievable. Light, amazing mechanism and you can get road shoe cleat adapters for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use EggBeaters on my road, tri and MTB's. Love 'em.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might as well have asked what kind of women do you like because you're going to get all different answers. Speedplay. I have the x/1 ti on one bike and the x/3 stainless on the other. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably buy the stainless for both. They are cheaper and the weight saving on the ti doesn't merit the added cost. However, realize the Speedplay cleats are a bit of a challenge when running. I used SPD's for years and loved them... they are cheap, easy to run on and they don't weigh that much.

El (I really am the Devil) Diablo
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal suggestions [El Diablo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look Keo. I like em....

JP Latkovic
Tri and Du It Multisport
Plainview, NY
http://www.triandduit.com
http://www.dulongisland.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time RXS's on all my bikes.

Quote | Reply
When re-entering cycling six or so years ago, I tried every available pedal system on the market, with the exception of Speedplay (tried Bebop, which is similar). Of those, what I found was:
  • Look: Front 'lip' of cleat often would hang when disengaging
  • Shimano SPD: Caused knee discomfort (on me; not true on everyone) & occasional difficulty in disengaging
  • Campy ProFit: Rocked. Totally.
  • Bebop: Rocked, but wasn't completely comfortable with having the entire engagement mechanism embedded in the cleat
  • Time Equipe: Little heavy but totally rocked. Replaced with Impact design.
  • Time Impact: Final call for pedals. Completely awesome on every front. Haven't upped to the RXS for lightness and really don't plan to, either (heard there was a recall on them)
And that's what I can recall from my experience with pedals. Bear in mind that all of this was done on a road bike and with road cycling in mind. I wouldn't transition into triathlon until 2005 -- but I still stick with the Impacts.//d

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to try something totally different?
I use Side Mount Pedals. They are very different, and their not for everyone, but I love em. I bought my first pair 21 months ago. I added them to my road bike, too. I don't have any commercial interest in them, but I do buy a lot of my stuff from the LBS owned by the inventor.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used speedplay for years and decided to try the Crank Brothers Quattro. I'll never go back to the speedplays. As far as conveinence, the speedplays are great for an easy clip in. But I never realized how much play they have until I started using the Quattro 2 years ago. It feels like I have a much more powerful pedal stroke now.

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply