Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedal float question
Quote | Reply
Pedal float...
Thanks to all that helped me with the transition questions from my Speedplay X2 to the Wahoo pedals.
So I have done a few rides with my new shoes and pedals. This am was the hardest I've ridden. So I haven't played with the float screw at all and noticed quite a bit that I "hit" the edge of the float. Obv with the x2 I had a pretty big range of float available. I didn't unclip or anything but did feel that tap or what not. So the question is, am I better to leave it how it is and clearly I turn my heel out enough to hit that default setting? Will leaving it there "help" me and teach me better form.
FWIW todays workout was pretty trash. I had a hard time maintaining the correct power output. Not sure if that's bc of the form (maybe I need to have my heel not as straight for higher power?) or just because it was a bad workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal float question [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've adjusted my speedplay float limit to strait heel on the outside, and about 5* of float heel moving inwards. I find less knee strain and more power pedaling with heel slightly inwards/toes pointing out.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal float question [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two screws, FYI. One for heel-in, one for heel-out.

This is a fit question more than a pedal question.

But if you were happy with your prior fit and float - absolutely break out the No. 0 Philips and start cranking on those set screws. This is a Speedplay advantage - great adjustability in fit.
Quote Reply