Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes
Quote | Reply
Anyone tri the new Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes. Have read a couple of positive reviews. I have had two pairs of the Pearl Izumi iso transition shoes and are my favorite shoes. Wil probably end up trying the Pearl Izumi EM Tri N 1
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [oldtriman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also would like to know. Looks like a great shoe .......

-------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a pair of the EM Road N2 Shoes....I have run in them 3 times and absolutely love them. They do run a bit small....I am usally a 9.5 and had to get a 10 for the Pearl Izumi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EM replaced almost all of the PI line this year.

The Tri N1 is definitely the replacement for the IsoTransition. I would recommend sizing up a half-size in the EM line-up. Although, the Isos were tiny before...so if you had plenty of room in the toes in the Isos, then keep that size the same.

Really, a pretty compelling shoe line...very comfortable for a range of distances and foot types. I'll be really excited when a Tri stability model comes out. Until that, M3s with speed laces for this guy...

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a brand new pair of 10.5 looking to sell if interested. Just sitting in the box never put on
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [temoniprince] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of the EM TRI2 2 weeks ago. Have close 60 miles on them including a 13 & 14 mile run.They do seem to run slightly smaller than the ISO. Like them but liked the ISO much better. In my 30 plus years of running the ISO transition was my favorite shoe. May end up trying the EM TRI 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldtriman wrote:
Anyone tri the new Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes. Have read a couple of positive reviews. I have had two pairs of the Pearl Izumi iso transition shoes and are my favorite shoes. Wil probably end up trying the Pearl Izumi EM Tri N 1

Just wanted to bump this thread. As a Pearl Izumi Iso transition fanboy i was disturbed to see they've changed to the new style of shoe and the slow twitch review mentions that they don't have much in the way of forfoot padding (in the N1 that is )
Has anyone had any more information on the new shoes as reviews are few and far between?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in the review ST posted, as it feels...well, like it was rushed and pre-judged. I'm not saying it was, it just feels that way, especially with the breadth and scope of the usual reviews posted on the site.

The Tri N1 measures with more physical material under the forefoot. What I think the reviewer meant was not that there is a lack of forefoot cushioning. Instead, it is more likely that he means that the shoe is less flexible in the forefoot than it was in the past. This is in part due to the change to the EM line-up: the toe spring was moved further rearward in the shoe. It allows the shoe to really lever forward without bending, per se. Think of it like a track spike in that regard, then: because the entire plane moves at once, rather than with multiple flex points, it results in better energy transfer into propulsion.

So the Tri N1 is technically more shoe than the old Iso. It will probably feel a little stiffer on the flexibility point. I do think it still runs small. I'm typically a 13, and I've worn a 14 in both the Iso and now the EM line-up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently got the EM Tri N1 but have only put a few miles on them. I can't compare them to the previous PI line because I haven't tried them. I currently train in the Mizuno Wave Elixir 8 for longer distances and the Mizuno Musha 4 for shorter distances and racing. The PI has a thicker sole even though it is a little lighter than the Musha.

Personally I like the feel of the road better in the Mizuno because the PI is pretty stiff, but is comfortable with or without socks.

Personally I will need to put a few more miles before I can saw I plan to race in them. I ordered the same size in the PI as mu Mizunos and did not have a fit problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler knows his stuff!

I read the review here, and see how someone could take it the wrong way. I think the comparison saying there is less flex is a good way of putting it.

I have been putting miles in both the Road N1/N2 and the Tri N1 for racing and love them. Having come from the ISO, the Tri N1 does feel a bit different, but I would expect that with a redesigned shoe. Like anything, give it a shot and let your body get used to it. I think you will be pleased with the shoe in whole.

Jeff Vanis' Blog | Challenge Family USA - Use code JVTRI15 to save 10% off your entry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Tri N2 coming today. I ordered the size I normally wear, 13. Kind of odd that the shoe size finder app on Runningwarehouse. com says they run a half size large. Most people here are commenting they run small. So I hope the size I ordered works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a few months on the EM N2 and have since went back to the IsoTrans and the Streak II. to me, the N2 didn't feel all that neutral, and while the turnover was a bit faster then the IsoTrans, my legs always felt more tired after running with them. they feel more ramped to the outside of the sole, and as a result, i get a more pronounced foot roll when i stride. it almost feels like it's more of a slight control shoe. the sole is also way firmer then the IsoTransiton, something i personally didn't care for.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's because Running Warehouse's sizing concept works on the basis of physical foot length only. Your running shoe size is comprised of the average of your physical foot length and your arch length. Once you have that number, then you generate width.

As an example: I have a size 11.5 length foot. I have a size 14 arch. I wear a size 13 generally. The PI EM line-up features a shorter arch length *AND* a longer toe box than normal. So you wind up having to size up in order to get things to line up correctly in the back end of the foot, and then you wind up having even more room at the end of the shoe.

Keep in mind, though, that a half-size up is a gain of a total of 4.2 millimeters worth of room.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if I love the fit of my K-Swiss 13s you think the PI is going to work? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which model?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Kwicky and Blade Run II. Both fit great in 13.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then you should be fine in the 13 in the EM line-up. I wore 13 in the Kwicky Blade Light, and wished I'd had the 14.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Appreciate your input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone concerned about the removal of the drain holes in the new shoes compared to the previously unanimously loved ISO Transitions?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I hated the drainholes. I had to use a different insole because the ones from PI would bunch and cause a whole host of blisters, etc.

That said, my Road M3s do a pretty good job at keeping water out and not getting too sopped up and heavy after dumping a whole bunch of water over my head.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

The review was certainly not rushed, but I' m based in The Netherlands so English is not my basic language.
What I actually meant to write is that the TriN1 does have a little more material under the forefoot when compared to the Iso, but due to the very much firmer midsole it feels less cushioned overall then the Iso.

It does feel slightly stiffer and there have been rumours that the next productionline will get a little softer and thus cushioned midsole.

But in the end its still personal preferance.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the follow up on the review and your english is better than most :) and way better than my dutch
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between tri em 1 and 2. What I loved about the iso was the flexibility and featherweight feel. Is that gone?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [gpdtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gpdtx wrote:
What is the difference between tri em 1 and 2. What I loved about the iso was the flexibility and featherweight feel. Is that gone?

I've had the EM tri n1 for about 3 months now and have run a couple of half marathons on them. They feel completely different to the Iso transitions which I loved.
To me they feel stiffer and nowhere near as responsive and for some reason my feet feel beaten up after my long runs 20+ks (12 miles) every weekend. I've owned 4 pairs of Iso s and have been able to run sockless on every one of them straight out of the box but the Tri N1s rub hotspot on my feet.
Have decided to try out some K-Swiss Kwicky Blad Light N s and see how they go. Anyone used these for Ironman and 70.3s ?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl IzumiEMoton shoes [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Digging this thread up to see if anyone has the same problem as me.
I wanted to try sockless IM this year so I ordered the EM Tri N1. There great except after about 40min the shoes become water logged and I feel like I am running in buckets of water. I have never had a shoe do this. If I switch to my usual shoe ( newtons ) its no problem.

I don't dump water on my head but I am running in 90+ temps with 80% humidity so I sweat a lot.
I have considered drilling holes in the sole to see if it helps.

And to add to this, I have to put these shoes on a fan to dry out or they will still be soaking wet the day after use.
Last edited by: Rover24: Jul 25, 14 12:40
Quote Reply

Prev Next