Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN
Quote | Reply
Anyone just see "Fearless" about Pat Tillman, the pro football safety that declined a $9 million contract to fight for the US Army? I was surprised to learn he was also a triathlete!

Killed by "friendly fire" of all fcukin things. What a shame. I'm still all watery-eyed. The guy was a legend of epic proportions...very sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [cyclisto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, but I bet it is not more than 20 minutes before this thread turns into a flame war.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I think he was more into ultra races. Complete freak
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a flame war? for what? the guy is a huge inspiration to live life with honor. and with no regrets.
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat Tillman finished the 2001 Blackwater Eagleman triathlon in 6:10:08 on only a basic 13 training program. He also completed the only marathon he trained for and finished in a very respectable time of 3:48. He was truely a remarkable athlete and person.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This guy was awesome! His life was amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

In the September 25, 2005 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper, a front page story revealed Tillman's views were more complex than the hard-charging warrior portrayed by the mainstream media. Reporter Robert Collier wrote Tillman was: ...a fiercely independent thinker who enlisted, fought and died in service to his country yet was critical of President Bush and opposed the war in Iraq, where he served a tour of duty. He was an avid reader whose interests ranged from history books on World War II and Winston Churchill to works of leftist Noam Chomsky, a favorite author.[17]

Tillman had arranged a meeting with Noam Chomsky, to take place after his return from Afghanistan. The article also reports that Tillman urged a soldier in his platoon to vote for John Kerry in the 2004 US Presidential election. A fellow soldier, Spc. Russell Baer, related conversations with Tillman about the war: “We were outside of (a city in southern Iraq) watching as bombs were dropping on the town. We were at an old air base, me, Kevin and Pat, we weren’t in the fight right then. We were talking. And Pat said, ‘You know, this war is so f— illegal.’ And we all said, ‘Yeah.’ That’s who he was. He totally was against Bush.”
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flamer alert! of course you had to turn this into an Anti-bush forum.

the guy (P. Tillman) was amazing. can't we just leave it at that.

Your first mistake is believing anything the chronicle posts.
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [weaselF18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I share tillman's personal bush opinion, however this is not the place for a bush rant. Anyways, he was truly an amazing person and the tribute was really nice...
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [moose8500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed!

At this point it makes no difference - no matter his beliefs, Sgt. Pat Tillman did his duty and paid the ultimate price yet his name will live on for each and every new member to join the Ranger Regiment will quickly come to know Ranger Tillman as the 'Airborne Ranger in the sky'!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the great opportunity to spend some time with both Kevin and Pat. Both are awesome men. These guys are/ were so very gracious. They are an inspiration. They are great Americans. They sacrificed so much to do something they believed in. It is sad for this country to have lost one of it's greatest son's. I will pass on to my son's, the lesson and inspiration that Kevin and Pat gave to me. I will always be grateful to them and their family.
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lead The Way!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey chitown.....your the reason people cannot just have a nice conversation and maybe honor someone...who cares if the war is illegal or legal, who cares why we are there....we are there and this man gave his life for his country....did you serve? have you been shot at in the name of your country? If not you may want to shut the fuck up.

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [k-factorfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]hey chitown.....your the reason people cannot just have a nice conversation and maybe honor someone...who cares if the war is illegal or legal, who cares why we are there....we are there and this man gave his life for his country....did you serve? have you been shot at in the name of your country? If not you may want to shut the fuck up.[/reply]

I think chi town answered that way because the Bush administartion used Tillman's death for what amounts to propaganda purposes. It matters that Tillman died and it matters that the war in iraq is illegal. We can discuss without flaming. Chi town was not flaming or cursing, but adding an interesting perspective on a complex person.
Quote Reply
Re: Pat Tillman (triathlete, hero) on OLN [weaselF18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that guy and all he stands for. Its a shame you have blind faith in our "CEO". I appreciate your commitment to our country.
Last edited by: Niles Standish: Dec 29, 05 20:29
Quote Reply