Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Paris-Roubaix Results
Quote | Reply
Congrats Gerard!! That win is about as good as it gets... one of (if not THE most) respected & toughest races in the world, certainly the classic of classics, and done so convincingly. Heck of a way to "introduce" the R3 to the world. Fabian was indeed a stongman today!
Last edited by: dongustav: Apr 9, 06 16:41
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats Gerard! [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks dude for ruining the results of the race for me, as I had it hasn't yet been broadcast where I live. Next time please have a better title to indicate the spoiler status of your email.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats Gerard! [sbr140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Phil Mickekson won the masters.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What they don't broadcast OLN at the bridge you live under? It's not a spolier when the race is done - dude.

Nevertheless, I'll refrain talking about it until the DVD comes out.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats Gerard! [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks dude.
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope Hincapie is OK, that looked scary.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't bear the sites & sunds of George whining again about things not going his way. My tires were too flat (from last year's P-R Chasing Lance episode), him sulking about Leif Hoste attacking without letting him know at Flanders last week, and now waaaah crying on the side of the road because his fork broke... he's almost as big a whiner as David Millar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, granted he can be a baby some times, but dude - his steerer tube broke. there's nothing you can do about that one.

He's lucky not to be hurt. With all the bloody technology going tinto this sport, it sucks to have to end a race because of a mechanical.

The Dude abides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If a thread title reads "Paris Roubaix Results" wouldn't you just assume it's going to talk about who won? If you don't want to know the results of the race, why the hell did you open up the thread called "Paris Roubaix Results"? Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats Gerard! [cortland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]If a thread title reads "Paris Roubaix Results" wouldn't you just assume it's going to talk about who won? If you don't want to know the results of the race, why the hell did you open up the thread called "Paris Roubaix Results"? Just a thought.[/reply]

I believe he edited the title after being bitched at.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats Gerard! [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh ok, I guess that explains it, my bad
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [The Dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GH seemed to handle it pretty well... didn't panic, didn't take anyone else out, landed on the grass (I think).
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [urbanrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word is his shoulder is hurt pretty badly and surgery is likely.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Heck of a way to "introduce" the R3 to the world."

I recall a thread a short while ago where someone was asking if the R3 would be strong enough and siff enough for 185 pound rider. I am sure that if it can take the pounding on the cobbles of Paris Roubaix from one of the most powerful men in the pro peleton it will be good enough for the 185 pound weekend warrior!

Indeed, congratulations to Cervelo - yet another significant achievement for a great Canadian company.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats Gerard! [cortland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Original post as you can see by my reply was Congrats Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a baseless, asshole thing to say.

"George Hincapie, the man who probably suffered the worst fate of all in this 104th Paris-Roubaix - his steerer tube breaking when he had all the chances for a victory in the race - has been diagnosed with a fracture between his collarbone and shoulder blade."

And you think he was whining?
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Apr 10, 06 4:34
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [The Dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there is some irony to the R3's fine performance and the failure of Hincapie's machine....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did George break his collarbone (clavicle) or his scapula? If it’s his scapula then he will be just fine, and probably on his bike in a week. The clavicle is a whole other story and from what I hear, way more painful. I feel bad for George; this was his big chance. How many times are you going to get a train to stop Boonen just before the final stretch before the stadium?

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 you do not sell Trek

2 its a matter of time before some Cervelo breaks oh thay have already had some forks break,if i am correct

3 every company will have products break, remember Specialized just a few week ago?

4 i have been to LBS where they talk down products they do not sell,only to have then flip/flop and start selling the same product then say how great it is,,,kind of sounds like you Tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're absolutely right. For a race like PR, you go with what works. You don't test ride some prototype hybrid combination of parts Trek had lying around... especially not some fork that is supposed to be ridden on an upright bike by posers with too much money.

The Dude abides.
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoaaaa there Son. Hold your horses- and check your facts.

1. In my time in the bike industry I've probably sold over 2000 Trek branded bicycles from Trek, LeMond and Fisher.

2. My store is not a Trek dealer now.

3. I was not "bad mouthing" any product. I said the following:

"there is irony..."

That is utterly different than bad mouthing any specific product- which I actually did not name. You did.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you consider to be the irony?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only hope the R3 is less flat-tire prone ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Roubaix Results [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specifically, the fact that there have been several threads on this forum that have questioned the durability of the R3's seat stays. Then, a rider wins Paris Roubaix on one.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well your right, you sure did not say the word,i guess that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside,i think everyone got the idea you were trying to get across
Quote Reply

Prev Next