Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is already a premier account so I don't know what you mean
Quote Reply
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice thought - but we are not expecting anything from anyone in particular - given Kiersten's body geometry there is only one bike out there which fits her and it is this specific Cannondale. Hoping to generate enough to simply purchase one - if a manufacturer comes to our assistance - even better still

AJ
Quote Reply
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another little bit sent.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: lschmidt: Feb 10, 07 12:17
Quote | Reply
Yes, unfortunately Kiersten is really limited in what fits her. Every time we go to Austin Tri Cyclist she gets on the 48cm Cervelo's and they're still too large for her. I always have her get on bikes to see if they fit but always end up with the Cannondale Feminine as the only one that fits. I've gotten some emails from mfgs and dealers about frames that might be close to the Cannondale and we're taking a look at that as well. In that regard, I hope I'm responding to all your PM's and emails, but if not please have patience or send it again... I promise I'm not ignoring anyone I'm just overwhelmed.

I've spoken to Andrew several times about all of this, and one of the ways that I would accept anything would be if I could give as much as I received... to pay it forward, as it were. We have both seen the movie Pay it Forward (highly recommended) and discussed the concept and we both feel that we can do something huge (a Demerly term ;-) here and I want to do my part in getting it rolling.

In that regard I'm going to pay it forward by donating a bike, some Zipps and two complete junior kits.

Several years ago my nephews competed in a triathlon after watching Kiersten compete in one. My oldest nephew and godson finished third using my mountain bike with slicks and loved it. Hoping to get him hooked on the sport I bought him a second-hand (if I recall correctly) size 54 Trek 2300 with Ultegra components. I also gave some 700c tubular Zipp 404's (with the three stickers, but pre dimples) with Conti tires and a spare tire that I had originally bought for myself but hadn't used yet. To make a long story short he's going off to college and I want to contribute the bike to the junior TSR or whatever we end up calling it. I will have it completely tuned and ready to go for a junior in the 5'6" to 5'10" range. I can live without the wheels and they won't fit my kids bikes so they're going as well.

Kiersten will also be involved in this and will help me put together two complete kits for a boy and girl. It will include shoes, socks, shorts, jerseys and helmets for a 7-10 year old boy and girl. All will be new exept the shoes which are really hard to find in kids sizes but we have some barely used and very nice Sidi and Nike shoes that we'll include. It will be everything that a kid needs to ride except for the bike.

I will also throw in a 700c full-carbon fork and some other components to go towards building up another junior bike, and some junior-sized components like small saddles etc to build up something for a younger junior.

So... hopefully the kids and I can pay it forward and put in as much as we receive out of this and really get this junior development thing going.

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE Help Irondad's daughter, Kiersten, get a new bike [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't believe I have contributed to a Cannondale! But if that's what she wants....

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE Help Irondad's daughter, Kiersten, get a new bike [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew, thanks for organizing this. Money sent.

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE Help Irondad's daughter, Kiersten, get a new bike [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a pleasure -thank you

To elaborate a little on Robert's email - the bike is he going to donate to the Slowtwitch Junior development fund is not one which would fit Kiersten, nor would the wheels it comes with - they are 700c and she can only ride 650's.

Rather than sell that bike to try to recover cash to purchase Kiersten a new ride - through the kindness of ST folks, not only will we be able to contribute significantly to her getting a replacement ride but another youngster will be able to benefit through Rob and Kiersten's generosity and appreciation.

What an amazing legacy this may have just started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the quick pm Andrew I'm in and sent $$ today!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donation made. Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to do something good!
bc
Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE Help Irondad's daughter, Kiersten, get a new bike [BillyC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to YOU!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what makes Slowtwitch so great. This is why we put up with all the other crap that goes on here the rest of the year.

Good luck to you Kiersten. Keep up the great work in school and on the race course. I'm sure you know this already, but you have one amazing Dad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just made payment...Let's hope it gets to $2000!
Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE Help Irondad's daughter, Kiersten, get a new bike [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is why we put up with all the other crap that goes on here the rest of the year.
In Reply To:
[/quote]what crap ?? ;-)

dirt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, and bump.

Good karma to all....

One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
Stuff that rocks: <fawning links here>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Grant

Grant

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I was head of Cannondale right now. It would be great to be able to show up with a brand new bike for Kiersten. Not only would I be able to make a young athlete's day - I'd probably have a fan/customer for life. Not to mention all the good will I would generate in the triathlon community. Maybe we should start an email campaign on her behalf...

"Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos."
Don Kardong
Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE Help Irondad's daughter, Kiersten, get a new bike [moosetris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so happy to hear what this may have started.

It feels great to be part of a forum that rises together in hard times. A lot of respect to all of you guys.

---------------------------------------------
//FRISK

Save a bike - ride a triathlete

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SENT $ It's going to be a great ride! Please take some pix! gros biz (big kisses) to all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for $25
Quote Reply
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"the Treks are almost 3 pounds heavier and when you're only 70 pounds and put out less than 200w,"

Think how I feel at 185 pounds and less than 200w, she would kick my butt ;)

Thanks for setting this up Andrew, with all of the money we spend on ourselves it is nice to be able to give back. You guys are creating something great here.

Donation sent.
Have a great day everyone,
Mike

Mike

Last edited by: TRIDOC: Feb 11, 07 6:16
Quote Reply
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the donation button thing set up? I'd like to help out but don't have paypal. I'd be willing to do it via credit card though. A large number of people seem to have no trouble with paypal but my bank keeps telling me (when I ask their advice on it) that I'd be crazy to link my bank account to any online service that will have direct access to the account like that. Am I/my bank being overly paranoid?

--------------------------------------------------------------
"A bucket...if you haven't puked in it you could be going harder."
- Lazy Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a longshot but there is a custom builder in Seattle that caters specifically to women. Rodriguez frames are made out of R&E Cycles. I see a lot of women on these and a lot of them are very small frames. They make 15 sizes for women.

http://www.rodcycle.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Help Irondad's daughter get a new bike [LWP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you would prefer - you can make a check payable to Robert and I can PM you an address to send it to.

I have never had an issue with paypal in the past over hundreds of paypal transactions - but you have to be comfortable personally
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, I hardly ever post but I really like this cause.
My Client owns Cannondale. I will call him tomorrow and see if he can help. I am not making any promises though.

So don't buy that bike yet.

Grant
Quote Reply

Prev Next