Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PLANET X Stealth my opinion
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Your results may vary, as might your ability and attitude.

My shop sells them on occasion (there is a US distributor who went under, and an Oregon LBS DC picked up EVERYTHING for Pennies....including wheels and discs BTW.

They are solid:

Pros: cheap to obtain

Good aero fork

external cables......the shit works, norman won with ext cables so there.

short head tube

simple strong seat clamp

lots of sizes across the spectrum

FOR SHORT PEOPLE: they have an XS and 2XS 650c sizes with full fist 78 STA and slack Head angles....these 2 sizes are the smallest real composite tri-bikes in the tri world....bar none for now.

Con:
Slack 76 degree STA

Not Light

Warranty in us is a bit foggy

On the whole pretty good........really waiting a full FIST steep 2nd Gen Stealth soon, Like in 90 days.
Just My opinion
I have strong ones
The accuracy and relevance of them is up for debate

Tom P
FastFish
http://www.triumph-multisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X Stealth my opinion [TomP_imc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was shocked how well the PX rides. It is a very solid bike for any price, let alone the low price. I also agree that the external cables are a bonus, not a detractor. Bikes with internal plumbing just dont shift as crisp. The one thing about the bike is the useless rear set screws...put them as far in, or take them out to save weight as they do nothing.

Oh, Tom - you happen to know who the new NA distie is? Rumor has it ZedSports is on the outs (not a rumor I guess)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Mar 23, 08 16:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the guys at Zedsport were nice chaps (Brits), but couldn't run a business worth a ...

I also agree. Like Record10, I've been on a lot of bikes, and have many in the stable. Previous tri bike a nice Guru. Previous roadie a nice Litespeed Vortex. Currently swap between the Planet X Stealth and Cervelo Soloist Carbon. I was also shocked at how stiff the bike was (hence smooth riding). Loved the geometry for me (from short headtube to STA). Fork is really nice. VERY easy to work on (especially compared with my SLC). Mine is pretty light for a tri bike (18.5 lbs ready to roll weight). Also looking forward to their new bike :)

Quote | Reply
are you reviewing the "Pimp Build" or the "OMFG Build" :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when is the new one coming out?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X Stealth my opinion [TRIA3SM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am reviewing NEITHER, Pimp nor FerShizzle build.

We typically get the framesets and swap parts over from an existing rig.....makes sense for us because they are so cheap to obtain that they are an awesome upgrade from an alu or alu/carbo-stayed tri rig.

I have heard 3rd party talk taht new stuff will cross the event horizon in the next 60-90 days.........but as we know, the slow boat from China moves slowest when anticipation is highest. So therefore, They will arrive the minute that they land. sorry
>
<
>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
planet x recently posted this comment regarding new frame status over on tritalk.
full thread is here.. http://www.tritalk.co.uk/...iewtopic.php?t=41592

Quote:
by the way the latest status on the new planet x frame , that was going to be a non UCI but then became a UCI frame and was going to be ready around April - is that weve doing a 180 degree u-turn in terms of both material and manufacture and plans and are very probably going to go off in our own little direction , well away from the competition in a market that is getting very saturated .

Given the absolutely fabulous and staggeringly good carbon designs that are now coming to the market at a frightening rate , the likes of Orbea , Felt , cervelo , Kuota , Argon 18 , Jamis , plus of course a good half dozen or so off the peg chinese frames , and a very competitive marketplace were considering what factors gives us , as a brand , a key point of difference over what is essentially now any one of 20 very fast carbon TT frames being knocked out of chinese molds .

We have 2 strong options -

We currently have a unique and very fabulous collaboration with the Lynskey clan that gives us the possibility to develop a cutting edge titanium TT bike , that can be custom made , and developped , prototyped tested and developped in a short time .

First rider on this bike will be Ben Instone , hes currently still working on his geometry , being 6 foot 7 and hugely powerful hes always had great difficulty getting something right for him , Ben will be the key rider testing and helping develop this frame .

Once Bens had a play , well be getting a version made for Julie Dibens and if the pros like them well go to production - theres still a big possibility we wont ever go to production .

We also have the option of working with Friedrich at Xentis who wants to develop a bike with us , non UCI , however with the pound and dollar well and truly collapsing against the euro this is starting to look very expensive and with a likely cost price around 6 times a chinese made frame we might well struggle to sell them .

i am hoping they will develop an aftermarket seat post for their current frame which brings it a bit steeper.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X Stealth my opinion [milkywaye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Granted...but if they did make a steeper post...could you ride it?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X Stealth my opinion [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since when has that stopped anyone? haha

it certainly isn't ready for crazy steep, but i currently have the saddle close to the max forward position, and would be nice to have it in the same position but clamped more in the centre of the rails
Quote Reply