Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 Market Value Question
Quote | Reply
A friend of a friend has a 2009 (I believe) P3 that he is selling for $1350. It seems to be nicely equipped (ultegra) and in great condition but I just don't have enough experience to know if this is a good deal or not. I would welcome any opinions on this.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Market Value Question [tojunialto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tojunialto wrote:
A friend of a friend has a 2009 (I believe) P3 that he is selling for $1350. It seems to be nicely equipped (ultegra) and in great condition but I just don't have enough experience to know if this is a good deal or not. I would welcome any opinions on this.
Sounds ok to me. I would expect it to come with training wheels at that price. Keep in mind with a carbon bike that you might be buying a totally useless frame if any cracks or anything are discovered. Cervelo only warranties the frame for the original purchaser.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tojunialto wrote:

Could be sounds like a fine deal if all is well from stem to stern. I helped a friend sell his P3SL with a hybrid of old used stuff he had laying around nothing above Ultegra. $1,200 with beat up old Alex A-Class training wheels. Sold on CraigsList in a week. YMMV. A bit of a cult following with the alum P3's, but if your carbon P3 get a good check up I don't see anything but win for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty good deal, as I've see framesets priced similarly.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Market Value Question [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
tojunialto wrote:

Sounds ok to me. I would expect it to come with training wheels at that price. Keep in mind with a carbon bike that you might be buying a totally useless frame if any cracks or anything are discovered. Cervelo only warranties the frame for the original purchaser.

How do you go about telling if the frame has a crack in it. The bike is in another state so I would guess an local bike shop could check it out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tojunialto wrote:
beercity wrote:
tojunialto wrote:

How do you go about telling if the frame has a crack in it. The bike is in another state so I would guess an local bike shop could check it out?

You could do that but there are no guarantees.
Quote Reply