Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P2 Spacers
Quote | Reply
This is probably a silly question but I was wondering if its ok to remove the tapered spacer (the last one, before the frame) on my 2013 P2 (old P2)?

Thanks,
Ender
Quote Reply
Re: P2 Spacers [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Structurally it's OK to remove it as it doesn't add any strength, although the reason it's there is to keep moisture, sweat, dirt etc out of the headset. Some discussion here http://204.187.14.165/...rum.cgi?post=3751410 and here http://204.187.14.165/...ing_covers._P4939532
Quote Reply
Re: P2 Spacers [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've done it. Make sure the split tapered ring is still in the top bearing.

You're going to have to pay attention to the headset though. I trashed my last season because of it.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of changing out the cone shaped cover and going with a flat version. I did not want to just leave it uncovered which you can do but it gets way more contaminents in there. That being said, the bearings are sealed but I wanted the additional coverage.

I looked on Ebay for a new lower cover and the shortest one I could find on there was 7.5mm or half of the original one but I still wanted shorter so I ended up buying this one from VeloFlyte as it is the lowest one I could find.

Last edited by: BMANX: Jul 31, 14 6:38
Quote Reply
Re: P2 Spacers [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much for all the information. I'm thinking veloflyte is the way to go :) Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I got my spacer in the mail today. It is a nice piece of kit. I did get the UD finish and it arrived with two spacers. I had to use one of the spacers. I will get some pictures soon. I was able to get my stem 15mm lower than stock which was great as I really needed the stem lower now that I am running a full aerobar set up on my road bike for a couple of sprint distance races.
Quote Reply