Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orca Alpha wetsuit question
Quote | Reply
I'm looking into the Orca Alpha wetsuit... I like that its a thinner suit...

I'm looking at where to buy and I saw amazon has the 2015 Orca Alpha 1.5 for a lot cheaper than the Orca Alpha.. I can't find any info about Orca 1.5 Alpha on Orca's website.. What is the 1.5 Alpha and how is it different then the Orca Alpha?
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Alpha wetsuit question [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there, glad to hear you like the look of the new Alpha! To be clear, the Alpha 1.5 is the last season version, so that's why it will be a lot cheaper on amazon as they'll be clearing end of line stock. The 2014 Alpha 1.5 and the 2015 Alpha are both focused on top swimmers, so they don't need as much buoyancy help and their main focus is ultimate flexibility. This is where the two suits are quite different - the 2015 Alpha uses the Orca exclusive 0.88Free technology in the arms/shoulders of the suit - this is a 3-layer neoprene with a heat patented titanium coating which Orca has specially developed that is only 0.88mm thick - and so as you can imagine feels like a second skin. You might find it most helpful to watch this video where the developers talk about this technology and the results that have been seen so far in tests with our athletes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfWSjqfuaN8

The 2014 Alpha 1.5 is still very flexible in the arms/shoulders using 40cell Yamamoto neoprene and the Free Wing panel design for ultimate reach and flex, but the new 0.88Free technology is just on a completely new level of flexibility to anything Orca has put out before...Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Alpha wetsuit question [Orca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Orca.

I'm actually a terrible swimmer (~1:45/100yds). The thick panels in the legs (4-5mm) in most the tri wetsuits cause my thighs to cramp due to the buoyancy... So I need a wetsuit that will not correct my bad form :)

I just picked up an Orca Alpha and going to test it out soon.
Last edited by: 125mph: Apr 14, 15 12:52
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Alpha wetsuit question [Orca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just onte quest, but about Orca Predator.
I never used a wetsuit (not a very good swimmer, heavy legs), I have 179cm height and 75kg, and I am choossing Predator, 7 size.
Is this size ok? Thanks a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Alpha wetsuit question [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok great, let us know how you go with the Alpha!
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Alpha wetsuit question [glauberlima] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glauberlima wrote:
Just onte quest, but about Orca Predator.
I never used a wetsuit (not a very good swimmer, heavy legs), I have 179cm height and 75kg, and I am choossing Predator, 7 size.
Is this size ok? Thanks a lot.

Hi, you'll find the Predator great if you have heavy legs - the new Core Lateral Stabilizer on the 2015 model kinda feels like you're on a surfboard, so will definitely help you into a more streamlined postion! Regarding size, depending on your build you may like to try the MT (stands for medium tall and is for people who're taller, but not especially bulky for their height) - check your chest measurement vs. our size chart just in case as it is a slimmer cut. Otherwise the best size to go for will be the size 7. Hope that helps!
Quote Reply