Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Options in short clip-on aerobars for road bikes
Quote | Reply
Need advices for choosing short clip-on for my road bike for use in sprint and oly tri. I am using Profile Design Carbon Stryke and it seems too long to me. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Options in short clip-on aerobars for road bikes [2107] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile also makes the Jammer GT's. Shorties are also available from Syntace, Oval, Vision, etc. Check their websites.

If you're a medium or larger person, the small size Syntace C2's might work for you. Very comfy.
Quote Reply
Re: Options in short clip-on aerobars for road bikes [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you think about the Profile Lightning Stryke? Is that a good option or it works like the carbon stryke?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pick up a pair of the Hed Clip-Lites or the Oval A910. Either one with S-Bends will work great (I have both) and just cut down the extensions to the perfect length. On a road bike, I would go for the HED's as the pads flip up out of the way when climbing. Very light and very nice on a road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile Jammer GT or CGT if you want the snappy carbon version. They're solid bars, I've run these the past two seasons, but am moving from them to a vision tech R-bend bar, because my reach is too short with the jammers, and for any draft legal racing I do, I take the aerobars off anyways.

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a fan of these and I've tried quite a few:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...p;cat=252&page=1

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Options in short clip-on aerobars for road bikes [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I use these VisionTech Shorty Aeorbars on a carbon handlebar? Is there any issue that I have to be concerned about instalation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a growing number of carbon bars that do accept bolt-on aerobars. Zipp makes one as does Kestrel. Be sure you read the product specs before you buy one. The issue of bolting aerobars on a carbon fiber drop bar is more a matter of the choice of the drop bar itself than the aerobar per se'.

If the carbon drop bar has an aluminum insert that reinforces the clamping area then the bar may be compatible with clip on aerobars. Again, you kind of have to rely on the manufacturer's recommendations on this one.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the Zipp SLC2 carbon bar, only 185 grams, and fully clip-on compatible:
http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...p;cat=260&page=1

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply