Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

On Running
Quote | Reply
Just wondering how many people have tried "On" running shoes and what they think. I was thinking of trying the On Cloudflow model. Just curious if anyone has any positive or negative thoughts on these shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [justablur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair a few weeks ago. Only have a couple short runs on them but so far I find them very comfortable and cushiony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both color ways of the cloud flow and I have zero regrets buying these. They are light, look cool, and very cushy and can really go long in these shoes but at the same time due to the light weight it's easy to pick up the pace with them also. I highly recommend giving the cloud flow a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the shoes and have run in them for about 8 months.

The cloud and the cloud racer were the original ones that I ran in and I "liked" them.

Recently they have come out with the Cloudflash which is definitely a step up since the sole is harder which means it breaks down less quickly. They also added another eyelet which is good for securing your foot and the toe box is larger. This is refreshing since most racing flats are too narrow IMO.

They run pretty true to size with the Cloudflash being slightly larger (maybe 1/4 size).

The only drawback for some is the price. $180 is a LOT if you make $15/hr. Then again, Newtons are more and these are great shoes.

Overall I think you'll like them.

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Last edited by: Blakebecker: May 12, 17 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since its release in December, the CloudFlow has been the key shoe for On Running, at least for us. It has a great fit and right balance between cushioning and weight. Its cloud elements sit (in size and number) between the Cloud and CloudFlyer. It also has a speed board that has stiffness between those two, as well. It's been a killer shoe for us.

Eric
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [EJOTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my cloud surfers. Almost bought a pair of the flashes but my surfers went on sale for $59 !
So I bought 2 more pairs. Love them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did IM Mt Tremblant last year in clouds and they were great. I now have a pair of cloud flows I use for long runs and I expect to go back to the clouds for IM this year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On and Zoot are my go to brands. Definitely recommend them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new cloudflash is very nice. Light, a bit of cushion and very responsive.
Also own a pair of cloudsurfers but they are a bit bulky with a lot of heel to toe drop.
I also run in newtons gravity and distance. The cloudflash is similar to the old 4lug distance but better.
Last edited by: sp1ke: May 13, 17 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [EJOTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EJOTT wrote:
Since its release in December, the CloudFlow has been the key shoe for On Running, at least for us. It has a great fit and right balance between cushioning and weight. Its cloud elements sit (in size and number) between the Cloud and CloudFlyer. It also has a speed board that has stiffness between those two, as well. It's been a killer shoe for us.

Eric

had to get a pair since cloudracers were not available. not impressed. a tad bulky for me and takes forever to put them on, why did they leave
the heel loop out??
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the help. I will look into the different models and try them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bumping the thread, I'm looking at On shoes but no local source that I can try them on. I've always been in a stability shoe (currently an Adidas of some sort, but Asics GT1000/2000, Kayano, etc all seem to work OK.

I'm hoping that the On Cloudflyer's, which they bill as their stability shoe, have similar stability levels but better cushioning? Anyone have any insight?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump? Anyone?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: On Running [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they're great personally. Surprisingly similar in feel (in regards to firmness) to a Mizuno but with extra flexibility and reduction in weight. That flexibility isn't at all sloppy under the foot but the uppers are super thin/flexy so it may not be to your liking if you like a more rugged upper material feel. Great durability from my use. I've mostly used the Cloudflow and if you do much trail or gravel running you may quickly grow tired of them picking up debris in the channel underneath. The trail shoe is filled in more so no worries there.
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pacco wrote:
I think they're great personally. Surprisingly similar in feel (in regards to firmness) to a Mizuno but with extra flexibility and reduction in weight. That flexibility isn't at all sloppy under the foot but the uppers are super thin/flexy so it may not be to your liking if you like a more rugged upper material feel. Great durability from my use. I've mostly used the Cloudflow and if you do much trail or gravel running you may quickly grow tired of them picking up debris in the channel underneath. The trail shoe is filled in more so no worries there.

Thanks! I don't run on trails much, occasionally I'll make some short detours through a couple of parks, but usually just roads and sidewalks when I'm outside, or this time of year its a lot of the treadmill. when I do run trails I have another pair of shoes that work for that.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: On Running [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the cloudflow for sockless running?
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is no way anyone can answer that question for you. think about it. I mean, they could be great for your left foot but not your right. who's to say...
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
The new cloudflash is very nice. Light, a bit of cushion and very responsive.
Also own a pair of cloudsurfers but they are a bit bulky with a lot of heel to toe drop.
I also run in newtons gravity and distance. The cloudflash is similar to the old 4lug distance but better.

Most pertinent review for me so far regarding On Cloudflash. I was racing in Newton Distance for many years including open marathons and IM marathons. Got a pair of Cloudracer from my friend and have just raced a 70.3 in them. Loved them a lot! Now, I’m considering the Cloudflash since they are replacing the Cloudracer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried "On" & the shoes felt sort of flimsey on my feet. Just used to a more firm chasis than what I felt underfoot. Adidas always worked good with the Adios but using the Speed Rival 6 & Vaporfly 4% & they definitely feel more substantial than the On to me, from firm to stability.
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was keen to try some, but reviews have been mixed and durability questionable.
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I'm hoping that the On Cloudflyer's, which they bill as their stability shoe, have similar stability levels but better cushioning? Anyone have any insight?

I've gone through 15 pairs of shoes trying to find a new go-to shoe. So far the CloudFlyer is it - just enough stability for my wonky left foot, and seem to fit my food like Cinderalla's slippers. I keep trying other shoes, and keep coming back to this one. No blisters, no achey arches.

I'm not 100% sold on the cushioning - I do wish it had more for my longer runs, and intend to try the CloudAce which sounds like the Flyer but with more cush.

I tried 3 other On's but they were too flimsy and/or didn't have enough support.
Quote Reply