Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ok to store wet wetsuit (Roka Sim short) in cold/below freezing car?
Quote | Reply
I often swim in the morning, then leave my wet swim gear in the car. I occasionally swim with Roka Sim shorts and have also left them in the car (mild weather between 45-70). Now that it's getting colder I'm curious about leaving the Sim shorts in the car when it's below freezing. Will that lead to damage?
Quote Reply
Re: Ok to store wet wetsuit (Roka Sim short) in cold/below freezing car? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please give it a try. i want to see what happens. if there is a problem, we'll replace your shorts. i wouldn't advise doing this generally and am not extending the offer to all of ST, but am open to testing it out here to see what happens. :)

best,
rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ok to store wet wetsuit (Roka Sim short) in cold/below freezing car? [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How cool is this!! ROKA, you guys rock :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ok to store wet wetsuit (Roka Sim short) in cold/below freezing car? [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Ok to store wet wetsuit (Roka Sim short) in cold/below freezing car? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did this work out? Since we've got a few months of freezing weather left where I am, I'm wondering the same thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done this with my Roka Sims.

Last week I left my bag in my truck for a couple of days and when I pulled them out they were a frozen block and inflexible. In fact ironically my old pull buoy was frozen to them as well. I just pulled them out of the bag and let them defrost. I have used the shorts twice since them with no problems. Not sure of the long term effects at this point.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a cottage in Canada and everything in it goes below freezing many times throughout the winter. I have various wetsuits, clothes, bikes, shoes, etc. Everything works just fine every summer.
Quote Reply