Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [alex_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You must have massive hip flexors from lifting a pair of 13oz shoes during run workouts!

hmmm is that why my hips are usually sore? heavy (ounces?!) of shoes?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just puked up a stomach full of Skittles.....

.......and it landed on my feet.

Those shoes Rock!!

Thanks for sharing Tom

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have them, and "slow as molasses" would be how I would characterize my running style, so feel free to make fun of me as I go by. I ran a half marathon in them about two weeks ago, and got a lot of complements. Basically just crazy looking DS Trainers without the new Heel Retention System.

So, some stability.

Though the "for triathletes" tag is a little misleading. They supposedly have drain holes and are stitched to be more comfortable barefoot. But strangely, no heel loop to make them easy to pull on.

They do glow in the dark though, so that is awesome.
Last edited by: Lou3000: Jan 14, 11 19:42
Quote Reply
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [Lou3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got a lot of "Complements"?

I bet you did!
Thanks for the laugh....

I thought the whole metrosexual thing was dead?
Quote Reply
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [Lou3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lou3000 wrote:
I have them, and "slow as molasses" would be how I would characterize my running style, so feel free to make fun of me as I go by. I ran a half marathon in them about two weeks ago, and got a lot of complements. Basically just crazy looking DS Trainers without the new Heel Retention System.

So, some stability.

Though the "for triathletes" tag is a little misleading. They supposedly have drain holes and are stitched to be more comfortable barefoot. But strangely, no heel loop to make them easy to pull on.

No drain holes, just a very open upper. You can pour sand or even fine gravel straight into the shoe through the toes. Medial side of the tongue is stitched to the inside of the shoe, so no tongue wash, and the liner is glued to the shoe so it won't slip.

Very nice shoe, but its main selling point for triathletes is the color, not the function. It does nothing that a number of other, less expensive shoes on the market don't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Shawn, I don't know much about running shoes. I am in Kayanos. Would these Noosas be an ok one for me or no?

The offer some stability, but your feet are more free than with the Kayanos and they are lighter. You should give them a try, you'll love the weight difference and will not lose too much support.

Edit:
I'm referring to the Assics DS-Trainers. If the Noosas are based on them, then, I guess the only difference is the colors.
Last edited by: Maui: Jan 14, 11 20:03
Quote Reply
Re: Oh! I Love Them! [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think glow in the darkness seals the deal.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next